Get Healed With Ayurvedic Treatment for Jaundice
Jaundice is also known as icterus and is caused by excessive bile pigments in the body. These pigments are usually present in the blood due to the breakdown of hemoglobin and are filtered in the liver and excreted in the stools. If you or any known person is suffering from this ailment then it is best to opt for Ayurvedic treatment for jaundice
Jaundice is characterized by the yellowing of the whites of the eyes and the skin. This is caused due to hepatitis and any obstruction like gall stones or cancerous growth. Even viral, bacterial infections and accumulation of too many toxins in the liver can cause jaundice.
Symptoms of Jaundice
The symptoms of jaundice depend on the cause of the ailment. The common symptoms are as mentioned:
- Yellowing of the skin
- Whites of the eyes
- Flu like fever
- Loss of appetite
- Nausea or vomiting
- Pain in the muscles
- Itching all over the body
- Bad breath
- Bitter taste in the mouth
- Dark colored urine
- Light clay colored stools
- Pain and tenderness around the liver.
Among other things Ayurvedic treatment for jaundice prescribes some lifestyle guidelines.
Lifestyle Guidelines for Jaundice Patients
Liver jaundice treatment in Ayurveda also recommends eating very light food with no fat in it. Also spicy foods are to be avoided. It is best to consume fruits and lightly cooked vegetables which do not contain any spice. The patient should also avoid eating grains, lentils etc. which are difficult to digest.
- You should maintain personal and public hygiene
- Follow sanitary methods while disposing the excreta
- Drink pure water which has been purified by boiling or any other methods which kills the microbes causing ailments
- Avoid raw milk and shell fish like oysters particularly from unreliable sources
- Drink a lot of coconut water and sugar cane juice
- You should always take pure food and avoid eating out and eat only hot food and avoid cold food.
Ayurvedic remedies for jaundice
Best treatment jaundice India is available in Ayurvedic hospitals because they take a holistic approach to the treatment for jaundice and any other ailment. However when it comes to Ayurvedic medicine for jaundice you should never make the mistake of self medication. Always take the expert guidance and prescription of a qualified Ayurvedic doctor.
- Usually in the initial stages of jaundice, mild purgatives are administered to the patient. These stimulate liver functioning while promoting the production of bile juice. Taking one teaspoon of the formulation comprising of the herbs Trivrit, kutaki and triphala with warm water is very effective.
- There is also a small herb with leaves called bhoomyaamalaki which is used in treatment of all types of jaundice. One teaspoon of juice of the plant or fresh root in the form of paste is to be mixed with honey and taken thrice a day. This herb is widely used in the Ayurvedic treatment of jaundice.
Some Ayurvedic hospitals make their own decoctions and tablets out of several herbs and these should be taken as per the advice of the Ayurvedic doctor.