Best Acidity Treatment under the Specialization of Acidity
There is acid in the stomach which helps in the digestion of the food you eat. However, there is a certain amount of acid that is appropriate. If the level of this stomach acid increases then it causes the problem of acidity.
Although there are times when the acid level in the stomach may increase and this happens with everyone. However, with some people, this hyperacidity becomes a chronic problem and in this situation proper treatment of the problem is needed.
Allopathic system of medicine simply advises you to pop antacids and the underlying cause of acidity remains untreated. Ayurveda however is a holistic system of medicine and treats the root cause of the problem. Apart from the herbal and mineral medicines the Ayurvedic doctors also prescribe diet and lifestyle changes.
Causes of Acidity
In Ayurveda the cause of acidity is considered to be the aggravation of the pitta dosha of the body. Pitta symbolizes heat or fire and hence its aggravation leads to excessive acid and heat in the stomach.
- The food that you eat is mainly responsible for the aggravation of the pitta.
- You should avoid eating foods that are do not suit your constitution and avoid taking some combinations of food. For instance, if you take milk and salt or milk and fish together it can cause excessive acid in the stomach.
- You should also avoid excessively spicy or sour foods and liquids, products of white flour and white sugar, excessive consumption of tea and coffee smoking and consumption of alcohol.
- At the same time, you should not eat in a state of indigestion, suppress the urge of urination and stool, sleep in the daytime after meals, stay awake in the night.
- According to Ayurveda even excessive anger and hunger cause acidity apart from too much exposure to the sun and heat.
- Sometimes the cause of the acidity can be a gastro duodenal ulcer.
Ayurvedic Treatment of Acidity
First of all the Ayurvedic doctors will prescribe proper foods and lifestyle changes to provide the treatment for acidity. The entire course of diet changes mentioned here form the most successful home remedies for acidity.
- Avoid using garlic, onions, ginger, vinegar and tomatoes in cooking
- Also avoid rich gravies salty, sour and spicy foods
- You should never eat curd at night. This is one of the thoughtful and best home remedy for acidity.
- You should take meals in a regulated manner and in a relaxed atmosphere
As far as lifestyle changes are concerned it is advisable to regulate your sleep cycle and avoid stress or situations that make you angry. For stress it is also advisable to practice some yoga exercises and meditation.
The yoga exercises recommended for people with acidity are bhastrika, shitali and shitkari pranayama, bhujangasan, vajrasan, salabhasana. At the same time it is important to get enough sleep let us also look at some Ayurvedic medicines for acidity.
- Mix powder of 25 grams each of roasted cumin and coriander seeds with 50 grams sugar and take half a spoon of this mixture 3 times a day to get rid of hyperacidity.
- Make a mixture of rock candy powder, fennel and green cardamom, powder in equal parts and take 1 teaspoon with a glass of cold milk whenever you get an attack of acidity.
- Drink tender coconut twice a day.
For severe cases of hyperacidity it is advisable not to try self medication and consult a qualified Ayurvedic doctor. At Parijatak, you can get through the best course of treatment under the expert guidance of best Ayurvedic doctors.