Effects of poisons are manifested in 8 different stages in human beings. This stages of poisoning are called as Visha vegas. They are as Follows-
- Pratham Visha Vega– Vitiation of Rasa dhatu occurs at the first stage of poisoning. The symptoms appear at this stage are-
1. Trut-morbid thirst
3. Danta harsha-tingling sensation in teeth
5. Vamathu-Vomiting and
6. Klama-mental fatigue.
- Dvitiya Visha Vega– Vitiation of Rakta dhatu (blood)occurs in the second stage of Visha. The symptoms appear at this stage are-
1. Vaivarnya-Discolouration of skin
5. Bhanga-Tingling sensation in the limbs and
- Tritiya Visha Vega– Vitiation of Mamsa dhatu (muscle tissue)occurs in the 3rd stage of visha. The symptoms appear at this stage are-
1. Mandala-circular eruptions
3. Kshavathu-oedema and
- Chaturtha Visha Vega– Vitiation of Vata occurs in the fourth stage of Visha. The symptoms appear are-
2. Daha-Burning sensation
3. Anga Shula-pain in the limbs
- Pancham Visha Vega–
The symptoms appear at this stage are-
1. Neela Darshana-blue vision or
2. Tama Darshana-Dark vision
- Shashtam Visha Vega– The patient suffers from-
- Saptam Visha Vega– The symptom appears at this stage is-
Skandha Bhagna-Paralysis of muscles in the shoulder girdle
- Ashtam Visha Vega–
The patient succumbs to death.
- Samaanya Chikitsta–
There are 24 Upakarmas explain in Samhitas for Visha.
- Chikitsta According to Visha Vega–
Pratham Vega-Twakmansagata-Agni karma
Tritiya Vega-Shophahara and Lekhana gunayukta Agad is indicated
- Saptam Vega–
1. For sthar visha-Jamgama visha and
2. For Jagama visha-Sthavar Visha is used
3. Astham Vega-Shamana if possible.