Knee Pain Treatment
We all are suffering from pain in our day to day activity. It may body pain, leg pain, knee pain or back pain. Body pain, leg pain is commonly due to viral fever or over exertion. But knee pain and back pain may be severe if neglected and it leads to chronic disorder. Here I would like to explain knee pain.
Types Of Arthritis:-
- Osteoarthritis – It is most likely to occur after middle ego. A progressive condition that slowly wears away joint cartilage.
- Rheumatoid Arthritis- It can occur at any age. It is an inflammatory condition.
- Post-Traumatic Arthritis- Develops due to injury to the knee . It may be injured due to meniscus, ligament, muscles bones or tendencies.
Factors of chronic knee pain–
- Old age
- Previous injuries to knee
- Calcium deficiency and Vit D deficiency
- Sprain and strain to muscles
- Bab posture
- Post-menopausal hormonal deficiency
- Constant pain is knee joints
- Swelling over knee joints
- Shooting and sharp pain when in use
- Cracking sounds at the time of movements
- Movements restrictions
- Loss of joint space
- Abnormal structure of knee joint
- Difficulty in walking, limping due to discomfort
- X-ray of knee joint
- CT scan
CRP, Vit Biz, Vit D, Serum Calcium
Clinical Tests are – HLA B27, ANA
- Bone Mass Density
Structure Of Knee Joint
Trauma- Common Knee injuries are due to tears in one of the three main ligaments of the knee, tissues that old the knee together. They are anterior cruciate ligament (ACL), medial lateral ligament ( MCL) and posterior cruciate ligament (PCL).
Tendon injuries can occur due to overwork or over stretching. Use of tendons occurs during running, jumping, lifting heavy weight items etc.
Knee bursitis – due to injury which produces inflammation in bursual. Bursa is small fluid-filled sacs that cushion the outside of knee joint and make tendons and ligaments to glide easily over joints.
Fractures- Knee joint, is made up of patella, tibia, fibula, and femur. Fracture to any bone leads to structural deformity in the knee joint.
Dislocation of Knee Cap –
Some injuries to knee joint cause dislocation of the knee cap. it is very painful condition and it also causes injury to vessels and nerves.
Degenerative Tissue Disorder:-
It includes osteoarthritis of knee joints. It is occurred due to damage to cartilage and surrounding tissues of the knee . It is produced pain, stiffness, and restriction of movement.
Connective tissue disorders
Rheumatoid arthritis is an inflammatory autoimmune disorder that affects the joints of the body. It effects on the lining of joints of the body . It effects on the lining of joints results in pain and swelling of knee joints and if it is unrated it can cause bone erosion or joint deforming.