An eyelash is one of the hairs that grow at the edge of the eyelid. It grows in one curvy layer on the side of the eyelids. Eyelashes protect the eye from dust and other particles. Perform as a protective barrier to your eyes, they also give an instant lift to your eye makeup.
How you can take care of your natural eyelashes?
Women want long, thick, and natural lashes. You want to keep your natural lashes as healthy as you can. Natural eyelashes care is difficult because sometimes for eyelashes growth you have to use products, and sometimes products can even be quite damaging to these tiny hairs.
Taking care of eyelashes is not that much easy. You can do plenty of things to keep your eyelashes as healthy as possible. If you aren’t happy with your natural eyelashes, then there are many ways you can enhance them.
Natural home remedies for your eyelashes
If you want to grow longer lashes naturally, there are some home remedies that may work for you.
- Castor Oil– Ricinoleic acid is the major component of castor oil. This acid has shown potential in helping with eyelashes. It may be an alternative option for maintaining the thickness of your lashes. Castor oil is very helpful for taking care of your eyelashes.
- Coconut Oil- coconut oil is used for dry eyelashes care due to its penetrating effect, which helps prevent loss of hair protein. It may also be used to treat thinning and damaged eyelashes. But, be careful while using coconut oil as it may leave an oily form on your lashes.
- Vitamin E- Vitamin E is a powerful antioxidant that can help to reduce the oxidative damage causing an increase in eyelashes growth. It contains tocotrienol compounds that may help increase the number of hair strands.
- Green Tea- Green tea is a rich source of polyphenol. That can help to promote proper hair growth. It is also used in aiding the growth of your lashes.
- Massage- Massaging can help to improve circulation. Gently massage your eyelids regularly, be it with or without oil, can improve hair length and thickness.
- Lemon Peel Oil- Lemon oil could help in the treatment of eyelashes and promote faster hair growth. It is the best oil for natural eyelashes care.
- Vaseline (Petroleum Jelly)- It can moisturize your eyelids and help in getting rid of an eyelash, preventing further damage to the lashes.
- Shea Butter- Shea butter is rich in vitamin C and is fully packed with antioxidants and anti-inflammatory properties. Vitamin C prevents damage and boosts collagen. Shea butter may also help you maintain the thickness of your lashes and boost their growth.
- Olive Oil- Olive oil contains a phenolic compound called oleuropein. Oleuropein is useful to increase hair growth. It may also contribute to longer eyelashes.
- Biotin Supplement- Deficiency from Biotin can cause loss of hair on the scalp, eyebrows, and eyelashes. Biotin supplements may help improve this condition very well. But without a consultant, you are not allowed to take these biotin supplements.
A combination of these remedies may help in managing your thinning problem and hair growth problem of your eyelashes. You may also consider making lifestyle changes to prevent further damage and thinning of your eyelashes.