Spinal Canal Stenosis – Causes,Symptoms And Ayurvedic Treatments
This medical condition is most common among the people aged above 50 and is caused by the narrowing down of the spinal canal. It is mostly caused as an after effect of arthritis and results is persistent pain, feeling of numbness and tingling in the legs, torso or arms.
In order to examine the severity of your condition, the experts at severe central spinal canal stenosis treatment in Nagpur will ask you for the signs that you would be experiencing and discuss or medical history in order to be ensure if the condition is caused by another underlying problem or not. He may also ask you to get some medical tests done in order zero down on the real cause of your symptoms.
Physical Examinations for Spinal Canal Stenosis
The medical tests that you might have to undergo before the doctor can know the exact spinal canal stenosis causes in your body include:
- X-Rays – An x-ray is usually the first test that is conducted as it shows the bony changes that might be occurring in your spinal, causing the pain.
- Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) – The test can detect the presence of any tumours in your spinal and can show the exact location where the nerves in the spinal cord are being pressed because of the spinal stenosis.
- CT Scanning – In case you cannot get an MRI done, the doctor at the best mild spinal canal stenosis center in Nagpur will recommended you for a computerized tomography (CT) as it can help detect any herniated discs (slip discs), bone spurs or tumours present in the spine.
Treatments for Spinal Canal Stenosis
You treatment will entirely depend on the location of the location of the problem as well as the severity of the spinal canal stenosis symptoms. Though surgery is an option, the experts generally do not recommend it as the immediate solution.
If your pains are mild and you are just at the beginning of developing the stenosis, then the doctor might recommend you to completely treat the symptoms with the home remedies and physical exercises. However, the doctor might recommend some medication in case the pains are persistent and the signs are worsening a bit.
Some of the home remedies that you would be recommended are:
- Do not sit without support. Make sure that you invest in a good and comfortable chair as well as bed so that you can work with ease.
- There are certain exercises and massage therapies that prove to be really helpful in relieving the pains. However, it is recommended to not perform any exercise without the supervision of a therapist.
- In case you smoke (even occasionally), then make sure that you quit it immediately. Talk to your doctor about how you can quit without feeling heavy withdrawal symptoms if you are addicted to it.
- It is very important to maintain the weight if you are having the problem of spinal canal stenosis as moving around would become more difficult if you have extra weight as it causes more pressure on the muscles.
- Make sure to include the anti-inflammatory ingredients like ginger and turmeric in your diet. Also, you should avoid fatty diet while making sure that your body is rich in Omega-3 fatty acid.