Ayurvedic Skin Care Treatment
Skin as an outer covering is an essential part of the human body that forms a strong covering that protects the body from sunlight, pollution, extreme weather conditions, ultraviolet radiations, harmful bacteria, and other pollutants that may cause risk to human body in some form or the other.
In Ayurveda, skin diseases or diseases of Tvak (Skin) are known as Kustha. By course of treatment, not all diseases of the kustha are curable but can be controlled by simple yet effective Ayurvedic skin care remedies. The remedies actually work towards ensuring a healthy diet, meditation, and detoxification.
Know the Common Types of Skin Diseases
The most common types of skin problems that people are facing in their daily lives include:
- Acne: Occurs due to improper functioning of the oil glands.
- Eczema: A harmful reaction caused by a combination of environmental and genetic factors lead to this type of skin infection.
- Hives: Allergy to food or any medicines causes hives.
- Impetigo: Infection caused by reaction of specific bacteria.
- Melanoma: This is a type of skin cancer.
- Moles: The infection caused by clustering growth of tissues.
- Psoriasis: Skin disease that leads to scaling and swelling.
- Rosacea: Any sort of abnormalities in the blood vessels of the facial tissues may be the leading cause of the disorder.
- Wrinkles: This pure aging process affects the skin.
Know the Causes of Skin Problems
Although there are many genetic, physical, and environmental factors that contribute to various forms of skin infections, some common causes include:
- Environmental allergies and irritants
- Genetic Structure of your body
- Low immunity
- Physical condition
- Stress and Anxiety
- Excessive smoking and alcohol
- Food habits
- Bacteria, fungus, or virus trapped in the skin pores
- Excessive exposure to sunlight and harmful radiations
Know the Symptoms of Skin Problems
The most common signs and symptoms of most of the skin problems include:
- Red or white raised bumps
- Skin rashes
- Scaly skin
- Peeling skin
- Cracked skin
- Discolored patches
Know the Best Ayurvedic Treatment for Skin
Natural therapies and drugs are the best skin treatments that have proven medical benefits since time immemorial. These with no side-effects, better tolerance, and comparatively affordable are easily acceptable by people suffering from skin diseases.
Some of the known Ayurvedic therapies that work the best for skin problems are:
- Panchakarma: This detoxification process helps remove unwanted and harmful toxins from the body
- Takradhara: This is sudation process is performed using medicated buttermilk which when poured on the forehead helps clear off the skin from various infections.
- Pizhicil: This medicated oil bath helps mobilizes impurities, clear off the blemishes, and improves skin quality.
Ayurvedic Hair Treatment
Moreover, there are certain herbs that have proven results for Ayurvedic skin treatment and Ayurvedic hair treatment. Some of the most popular herbs include:
- Achyranthes Aspera: Most commonly used to treat boils and skin eruptions.
- Allium Cepa: Works to improve skin texture and softness while controlling all fungal-associated skin infections.
- Garlic: Works as protective measure against skin cancer.
- Aloe Vera: Proven medical benefits for various skin and hair benefits.
- Neem: Works good for blisters, boils, and skin tumors.
- Beetroot: This works as an anti-tumor agent.
- Red Cabbage: Works as an initiative for reducing the occurrence of skin tumors.
- Marigold: Works as the best remedy for skin burns, inflammatory diseases, and bruises.
- Saffron: Works as a sedative, carminative, antispasmodic, and diaphoretic agent.
- Turmeric: Turmeric has various skin benefits while improving the skin quality. It also works to control the occurrence of skin cancer.
- Purple Coneflower: Works to treat various skin problems including burns, herpes, psoriasis, ulcers, wounds, boils, and hemorrhoids.
- Lavender: Works to treat all type of skin allergies.
- Chamomile: This is best for fighting any sort of free radical damage on the skin.
- Rosemary: Proves effective for preventing photo aging and photo cancer reported due to exposure to ultraviolet radiations.
- Thyme: The best solution for bacteria causing skin infections that leads to pain, tenderness, redness, fever, chill, and edema.
Top Skin Specialists at Our Ayurvedic Center
Parijatak as a renowned Ayurvedic center based in Nagpur has the best team of skin specialists in Nagpur who have the expertise and experience to resolve all sorts of skin problems effortlessly and effectively.