Sinusitis is a medical condition which occurs when the tissues lining the sinuses get swelled or inflamed. The healthy sinuses are supposed to be filled with air, but when it is filled and blocked by the fluid then germs can grow in it and cause infection.
It can either be chronic or acute in nature and could be caused by multiple factors including autoimmune reactions, bacteria, allergies, fungi or viruses. And though it can be cured without any medical intervention most of the times, if you feel that the symptoms are bothering you a lot, you can opt for the herbal remedies that would help you in healing.
But, before we get on to the remedies, let’s discuss about what causes the condition of sinusitis and how will you know if you have encountered one.
You are more likely to have a sinusitis virus if you have:
- Blocked drainage ducts
- Nasal prolyps
- Exposed to smoky environment
- Immune system deficiencies
- Swelling inside the nose
- Structural differences which narrow your ducts
- Have a habit of drinking water while lying on the back
Some of the common symptoms of a sinusitis include:
- Runny nose
- Stuffed up nose
- Cough or congestion
- Loss of smell
- Facial pressure or pain
- Bad breath
- Dental pains
Here are a few ayurvedic medicine sinus India that would help you relieve the symptoms and cure the condition:
- Chamomile – It has anti-inflammatory properties and it helps in boosting up the immunity.
- Marshmallow –It is effective in soothing, moistening and supporting the mucous membranes in the respiratory tract.
- Fenugreek – It helps in fighting the symptoms like inflammation and fever.
- Astragalus – It works best to boost up the immune system of the individual when consumed by combining with the Echinacea herb.
- Thyme – It provides relief from the irritating and coughs which is caused as post-nasal drip.
A Pack of Punch Herb for Sinusitis
There is one herb which is most powerful in draining the sinus congestion and you know it as a spice and an addition to make the sauces more flavourful – Horseradish. It might surprise you that it is also a very strong and powerful herb which has been used for centuries to treat lots of health issues. It is the ultimately powerhouse which provides a boost to the overall immune system of body and the respiratory health.
If you ever feel like you are having the symptoms for the sinus congestion or sinusitis, then all you have to do is grate a couple of roots of horseradish herb and consume it either raw or with a glass of water. However, if you feel that the strong herb will be too much for you to consume raw or directly, you can take it with a tablespoon of honey or boil it in water and then consume it as tea. The herb starts showing its magic in just a few minutes and you will feel the sinuses beginning to drain up.