Allergic Rhinitis is a medical diagnosis which can be associated with a number of conditions that affect the nose. It can be caused with the change in weather or if you are exposed to anything that you are allergic to like dust or pollen. It could also occur if you consume any kind of food that you are allergic to.
Some of the symptoms are really common and the conditions accompanying them are quite common among the individuals of all age groups, in all climates and in all geographic regions. In fact, it is believed that almost 10 to 30 percent of the world population may be suffering from allergy rhinitis at any given point of time.
Causes of Allergy Rhinitis
There could different causes and they vary from one individual to another. The most common allergens include:
- Dust mites
- Grass pollen
- Cat saliva
- Old skin of animals
Symptoms of Allergy Rhinitis
There could be a number of symptoms for this condition, but the most common of them include:
- Runny nose
- Frequent sneezing
- Stuffy nose
- Persistent cough
- Itching in the nose
- Itching in eyes
- Scratchy or sore throat
- Watery eyes
- Frequent headaches
- Dark circles under the eyes
- Extremely dry and itchy skin
- Excessive fatigue
You will begin to feel one or a combination of these symptoms as soon as you will come in contact with the pollen you are allergic to, while some of the signs will begin to show only if you are exposed to it for a longer period of time.
There are some people who experience the symptoms throughout the year, while other will rarely have them, that is, only when they are exposed to the pollen in large quantity. However, it is recommended to go through the allergic rhinitis treatment India if you experience the symptoms for more than a week.
Ayurvedic Treatment for Allergy Rhinitis
The most effective herbal medicines to treat this condition are:
- Chavikasavam – It is a fermented herbal liquid which is also recommended to treat the disorders of urinary tract.
- Nimbarajanyadi Tablet – It contains turmeric and neem as its main ingredients and turmeric is known to be one the best anti-allergic natural spices.
- Mahalaxmi Vilas Ras – It is one of the most effective herbal medications which is also used for the treatment of skin diseases, non healing wounds, diabetes and sinus.
The other medications which can also prove to be effective depending on the type of allergy include anand bhairava rasa, mayor shringa bhasma, lavangadi pills, narada lakshmi vilas rasa, vyoshadi pills, shringarabharaka rasa, sitopaladi choorna, abhraka bhasma and khadiradi pills.
Management of Diet
- Consume light food
- Prefer switching to liquid diet for some time or include more of soups in your diet
- Drink lukewarm water
- Avoid heavy and non vegetarian food
- Avoid eating something that is too cold or too hot
- Quit consuming bananas, ice creams, sweets, desserts, yogurt, curd, cakes and yellow gram
- Avoid alcohol and smoking