Saraswatharishtam (Bhaishajya ratnavali)
- Bacopa monnieri (Brahmi)-960gm
- Asparagus racemosus(Shathavari)-240gm
- Pueraria tuberosa-Vidari-240gm
- Zingiber officinale (Ardrakam)-240gm
- Terminalia chebula (Haritaki)-240gm
- Vetivera zizaniodes (ushira)-240gm
- Foeniculum vulgare-Mishi-240gm
- Water for Kashaya-12.288 lit
- Boiled and reduced to -3.072lit
- Sugar candy-Sita-1.2Kg
The first part of herbs is taken in the form of coarse powder,add menstioned amount of water in it and boiled it .This will reduced to 1/4th .Filter this decoction.It is added with the rest of ingredidients.Taken in mud pot.It is added with a thin gold leaf of 12 grams.The contents are kept sealed for a month.After observing proper taste and after cofirming that the gold leaf has disintegrated in the liquid,the contents are filtered and stored in vessel smeared with ghee
- Gold (Suvarna bhasmam),etc.
Ref. Text book
Bhaishajyaratnavali, Adhyayam 73
- Qualitatively, this medicine is said to be as good as Amrith. Mythologically beliveved to prepared by lord Dhanwanthari, the lord of medicine, for physical well-being. It others longer life with increased vigour, grasping power, courage, health handsomeness., etc., and sadvisable to both sex. It cures stammering and offeres melodious voice on regular use. The regular use of the medicine will improve the memory power of singers and students.
- It is also used in mental conditions,epilepsy,insaity and to improve quality of semen and sperms.
- 10 ml. with milk, as per Physicians advice.
It is safe in children above 5 years of age.
It is avioded during pregnancy.it can be taken after doctor’s advice during lactation period.