PathyaApathya for Piles
- Grains-Godhuma-Genhu (wheat), Shali variety of rice, seeds of Yava (barley) and Kulattha-kulathi (dolichos bean);
- Dugdhavarga-Aja dugdha( goat’s milk), Navneeta(butter)
- Fruits-Kapittha (wood apple), Amalki
- Vegetables-leaf and fruit of Patola (a variety of small cucumber), root of Punarnava pigweed), leaf of Vastuka ,leaves of changery
- Kanda-Suraṇa Kanda (tuber of amorophallus-elephant’s foot)
- . KāsīsādiTaila: to be applied in the anus in the morning after defecation.
- fomentation to the anus with a pottalika (bag) prepared from the powder of equal part of leaf of Bhanga (cannabis) and Haridrā (turmeric)
- Sitz bath by triphalakwath
- Cerals-Navvana (New variety of rice)Masha-urad (balckphaseolus bean), seed of Tila (sesame), Piṇyaka (oil cake)
- PishamayaDravya (dishes prepared throughpashna(Grinding on stone));
- fried, constipating and difficult to digest articles of food are harmful for the patient of Arsha (piles).
- Excessive use of water, sun bath, heat and riding;
- suppression of natural urges of urination and defecation should be avoided.