Pathya –Apathya for Kidney stone
- Avoid Green leafy veggies, specially spinach
- Avoid tomoto,cucumber
- Avoid fruits like chikoo,black grapes
- Avoid veggies like Vatarka(brinjal),cauliflower,mushroom
- Avoid nuts,soya and chocolates.
- Avoid drinking a lot of coffee/tea and alcoholic beverages.
- Avoid too much drinking of carbonated drinks, sports drinks and sodas etc.
- Avoid highly salted (e.g., canned food, ready to eat food snacks, etc.) or sugared foods. High salt intake increases the level of calcium in urine and hence increases the risk of stone formation. This risk increases with the combination of high salt and high protein foods.
- Avoid suppression of natural urges like urine and stool
- Avoid excessive travels on hard surfaces.
- Avoid curd consumption
- Avoid excess drink of liquor
- Avoid Consumption of pulses like Tuar,peas,chanaetc because it is rich in protein.
- Drink sufficient water/juices to excrete more than 1.5-2 liters of urine per day.
- Decrease the consumption of sugar (e.g., sucrose)as sugar also promotes stone formation.
- Consume adequate amount of calcium every day. You can get enough calcium from food items like milk (120mg/100g), yogurt (120 mg/100g) and cheese (700mg/100g) reducing calcium intake may not decrease risk of stone formation but can lead to osteopenia. Moreover, reduced calcium consumption increases oxalate stone formation.
- Take melons, papaya, grapes, bananas, etc. in large quantity as they provide water soluble fiber.
- Be active and exercise regularly to lose your weight, which may be helpful to flush out better and maintain healthy functioning kidneys.
- Take coconut water atleast trice in a week
- Take herbs like punarnava,jivanti, varun,gokshur
Take veggies like karela,padval,carrots,laukietc
Take fruits like lemon,orange,mausambi and pinnapple