Pathya-Apathya For Backache-
Pathyakar Ahar- Vihar-
Eat freshly prepared and warm food
Raw salad or steamed salad made of vegetables such as tomato, carrot, cabbage, cucumber, radish, lettuce are advisiable.
Vegetables like cauliflower, cabbage, spinach, carrot ,parval,bittergourd,pumpkin,methi,lauki are advisiable
- Consume a Vata-pacifying diet
- Drink warm water
- Drink Cow’s milk with turmeric powder daily
- Sunlight provid Vit D to the body. Hence sitting in sunlight(Early morning) is good for bone health.
- Take a break from long term sitting
- Take the proper support to back while sitting
- Morning walk and light exercise helps in pain relief.
- Asana like shalabhasana,bhujanagasana,halasana,shavasana is best for backpain
- Pranayam,Anuloma-viloma also provide good amount of oxygen to body which decreases the pain.
- avoid fatty, spicy and fried foods, sweetmeats and sugar,
- Avoid intake of Curd and fermented food
- Avoid drinking of tea and coffee.
- Foods items with preservative should be avoided.
- Avoid Smoking or tobacco chewing
- Avoid sleeping on a soft mattress as it will not provide adequate support to the spine.
- Avoid heavy weight lifting and Gym
- Avoid excessive travelling