Obesity Management And Weight Loss Treatments By Parijatak
Ayurvedic Treatment for Weight Loss
When it comes to obesity management, Ayurveda best defines the approach and concept. Ayurveda defines this health disorder as Medarog reported due to the aggravation of kapha dosha in the body. The aggravation further leads to blockage of the srotas or channels responsible for seamless formation, functioning, and nourishment of all seven dhatus or tissues of human body. The seven tissues of our body that comprises blood, fat, nutritive fluids, muscles, bones, marrows, and reproductive tissues.
Causes of Obesity
There are various causative factors leading to obesity. All the causative factors in accordance to Ayurveda are classified under four categories:
- Aharatmaka Nidana: These are factors due to the occurrence of diabetes
- Viharatmaka Nidana: These are the causative factors due to regimonal causes
- Manasa Nidana: These are the psychological factors
- Anya Nidana: These are the other miscellaneous factors that do not fall under the above three categories.
However, in general if we talk the most common causes include:
- Improper dietary habits
- Behavioral changes
- Hormonal changes
- Genetic factors
- Smoking and alcohol
- Aging factor
- Lack of physical exercise
- Emotional disturbances
- Inadequate sleep
- Excessive use of medications and steroids
Symptoms of Obesity
The known symptoms associated with the occurrence of obesity are as follows:
- Increased sweating
- Reduced will power and stamina
- Pain in the joints
- Low self-esteem
- Rejection and ignorance
- Heart failures
- High blood pressure
- Sleep problems
Know the Obesity Treatment in Ayurveda
Obesity treatment in Ayurveda focuses on creating a balance of Kappha dosha by cutting down the consumption of foods that causes the aggravation. Further to that, the all the Medovahi channels where all the toxins accumulate are cleansed using herbal remedies to shed down extra weight. Some of the most common herbs used for the purpose include:
- Apple Cider Vinegar: This is an anti-inflammatory and anti-obesity agent that promotes weight loss
- Lemon: Lemon helps in oxidation of fat.
- Honey: Honey helps in lowering the level of lipids.
- Black Pepper: This works to reduce fat.
- Parsley Juice: A rich source of Vitamin C that supports fat oxidization.
- Aloe Vera: Improves digestion and facilitates weight loss.
- Curry Leaves: Helps reduce cholesterol and triglyceride that further promotes natural weight loss.
- Cinnamon: Helps combat obesity problems and strengthens all metabolic activities that further prevent heart failure.
- Cayenne Pepper: Helps boost metabolism and aids weight loss.
- Ginger: Helps reduce hunger and cravings while supporting weight loss.
- Garlic: Has the best anti-obesity properties.
Moreover, some other natural therapies that work best as Ayurvedic treatment for weight loss are:
Pranayam: These breathing exercises are beneficial to cure many health disorders because of its mind relaxing approach. For obesity, the best breathing techniques are:
- Bhasrika: Works to strengthen the heart and lungs while improving the process of digestion.
- Surya Bhedi: Right nostril breathing that calms the mind and helps eliminate accumulation of fat from the body.
Yoga: Yoga is a pure science of balancing the heart, mind, and body. It delivers wondrous benefits when it comes to improving the overall health including shedding down the extra fat from your body. Some of the most common yoga exercises for weight loss include:
- Palm Tree pose
- Triangle Pose
- Fish Pose
- Camel Pose
- Cobra Pose
- Cow Pose
Furthermore, there are panchakarma treatments for weight loss that include:
- Shamana: This is a palliative treatment
- Langhan: This is a process of Ayurvedic fasting
- Ama Pachan: Oral consumption of some digestives that leads to increase of fat metabolism
- Ruksha Udwartan: Dry powdered massage for eliminating fat toxins from the body
- Samshodhana Chikitsa: This is a purification process
- Vaman: This is a process of therapeutic emesis
- Virechan: This is an Ayurvedic purgation process
- Lekhan Vasti: This is medicated enema for management of obesit