Khajoor, scientifically known as Pheonix sylvestris is one of the most productive and highly valued remedies in modern Ayurveda medicine.
The Khajoor tree is a type of medium-sized palm that can grow to a height of 10 to 15 meters. It is mainly found growing in dry and desert regions across the world. In India, the Khajoor tree is most prominent in the states of Andhra Pradesh, Gujarat, and Rajasthan.
Also called as the Date Palm, the Khajoor tree is also known by many other names, including:
- Wild Palm
Apart from the fruit, the leaves and roots of the Khajoor tree are immensely useful in several essential Ayurvedic treatments.
Composition of Khajoor
The chemicals and nutrients found in the Khajoor are:
- Ascorbic acid
- Vitamin A
- Fatty acids, etc
Ayurvedic Uses and Benefits of Khajoor
According to Ayurveda scriptures, the Khajoor is considered as astringent with a sweet flavor to them but are hard to digest as they are an immense source of energy. As per Ayurveda, Khajoor fruits help to balance the Pitta Dosha and Vata Dosha.
Some of the top Ayurvedic remedies and uses of Khajoor include treatment for:
- Erectile Dysfunction (ED) – Khajoor is considered to be an aphrodisiac and are highly recommended to boost lowered libido and to treat erectile dysfunction (ED) in men as well as cure infertility. Khajoor, when taken with milk, is an excellent remedy for male sexual problems.
- Low sperm count – Khajoor are also called as Shukrala (semen enhancing herb) and its essential nutrients help to improve the sperm quality and quantity immensely.
- Joint pain / Arthritis – The Khajoor fruit is highly advisable to treatment chronic joint pain and inflammation from arthritis. It is used for ayurvedic treatment for arthritis.
- Constipation – As they are rich in fiber, Khajoor fruits also help treat constipation.
- UTI (Urinary Tract Infection – Khajoor are inherently diuretic and cool the body, which helps to treat urinary tract infections and cystitis too.
- Weight gain – Those suffering from being underweight can get immense benefits from Khajoor consumption.