Ayurvedic Uses and Benefits of Karutha Vattu (Sahasrayogam)
Karutha Vattu, also called as Sahasrayogam is one of the most commonly used Ayurvedic medicine in treatment for various pains and headaches. Headaches remain one of the most common complaints in teens and adult men and women around the world. A headache may be caused from any of various reasons, including emotional distress, stress, high blood pressure, constant cold, sinus problems, depression and stress among others.
Although we all tend to experience headaches and body pain at some point in life, having constant and frequent headaches can have adverse effects which may deprive you from working or studying. However, Karutha Vattu (Sahasrayogam) is considered to be an excellent Ayurvedic treatment for headaches and joint pains, among other problems.
Ingredients of Karutha Vattu
Karutha Vattu medicine is a prime Ayurvedic treatment for headaches and is recommended from thousands of years by expert Ayurveda practitioners. The medicine owes its immensely beneficial properties to the unique mix of ingredients it is made from.
The Karutha Vattu medicine ingredients include:
- Kunturukshka – Although it is considered to be poisonous in nature, the Stinking Nightshade, as it is also known has unique properties that makes it ideal for curing headaches when mixed with certain other medications.
- Aloe Vera Juice – Aloe Vera in itself is an incredibly powerful and potent medicinal plant with numerous benefits. It is used in topical as well as ingested Ayurvedic medicines, including in making Karutha Vattu.
- Sallaki – Also called as Vataria Indica, this plant is indigenous to India and is used in many medicines, including Karutha Vattu.
Ayurvedic Treatments using Karutha Vattu
The Karutha Vattu (Sahasrayogam) is an excellent and highly recommended Ayurvedic remedy for treating headaches.
Karutha Vattu is meant for topical use after mixing with breast milk, Ghee, butter or castor oil. Once applied, its heat is helpful in clearing out sinuses of cold and curing headaches effectively.
- Hyoscyamus Niger (Kunturukshka),
- Juice of Aloe Vera,
- Vateria Indica (Sallaki),
- Aloe Vera (Kumarisara),
- Maranta Arundinaceae (Thavaksheri) etc.
- Prescribed for headaches and colds.
- For external application to be mixed with breast milk, butter, ghee, caster oil and applied on forehead and head. Advised in complaints of swelling, abscesses etc.