Ayurvedic Treatment For Hypothyroidism At Central India
Hypothyroidism Ayurvedic Treatment, also called underactive thyroid disease, is a common disorder. With hypothyroidism, your thyroid gland does not make enough thyroid hormone.
The thyroid gland is located in the front lower part of your neck. Hormones released by the gland travel through your bloodstream and affect nearly every part of your body, from your heart and brain to your muscles and skin.
The thyroid controls how your body’s cells use energy from food, a process called metabolism. Among other things, your metabolism affects your body’s temperature, your heartbeat, and how well you burn calories. If you don’t have enough thyroid hormone, your body processes slow down. That means your body makes less energy, and your metabolism becomes sluggish.
The sign and symptoms of hypothyroidism vary, depending on the severity of the hormone deficiency. But in general, any problems tend to develop slowly, often over a number of years.
Hypothyroidism Signs And Symptoms Of Hypothyroidism May Include
The most common cause of hypothyroidism is Hashimoto’s thyroiditis. “Thyroiditis” is an inflammation of the thyroid gland. Hashimoto’s thyroiditis is an autoimmune disorder. With Hashimoto’s, your body produces antibodies that attack and destroy the thyroid gland. Thyroiditis may also be caused by a viral infection.
- Other causes of hypothyroidism include Radiation therapy to the neck area. Treating certain cancers, such as lymphoma, requires radiation to the neck. Radiation damages the cells in the thyroid. This makes it more difficult for the gland to produce the hormone. Radioactive iodine treatment. This treatment is commonly prescribed to people who have an overactive thyroid gland, a condition known as hyperthyroidism. However, radiation destroys the cells in the thyroid gland. This usually leads to hypothyroidism. Use of certain medications.
- Certain medicines to treat heart problems, psychiatric conditions, and cancer can sometimes affect the production of thyroid hormone. These include amiodarone (Cordarone), lithium, interferon alpha, and interleukin-2.Thyroid surgery. Surgery to remove the thyroid will lead to hypothyroidism. If only part of the thyroid is removed, the remaining gland may still be able to produce enough hormone for the body’s needs. Too little iodine in the diet. The thyroid needs iodine to produce thyroid hormone. Your body doesn’t make iodine, so you need to get it through your diet. Iodized table salt is rich in iodine. Other food sources of iodine include shellfish, saltwater fish, eggs, dairy products, and seaweed.
When Hypothyroidism isn’t treated, signs and symptoms can gradually become more severe. Constant stimulation of the thyroid gland to release more hormones may lead to an enlarged thyroid. In addition, the patient may become more Forgetful, the thought processes may slow down, or the patient may feel depressed. Advanced Hypothyroidism, known as myxedema.
Ayurvedic Treatment For Hypothyroidism At Central India
- Kaphamedho Hara Treatment
Ayurvedic Medicine For Hypothyroidism
Varanadi Kashayam is a herbal formulation used in Ayurveda for the treatment of urinary disorders, skin diseases, and obesity. Varanadi Kashayam has the capacity to correct the digestion and metabolism. It helps in fatty liver, belly fat and central obesity. In skin diseases, it is beneficial to reduce itching. Therefore, it can be helpful in eczema and dermatitis.
Varanadi Kashayam contains the following ingredients.
- Crataeva nurvala (Varuna)
- Asparagus racemosus (Shatavari)
- Plumbago zeylanica (Chitrak)
- Strobilanthes ciliatus (Sairyaka)
- Chonemorpha fragrans (Moorva)
- Aegle marmelos (Bael or Bilva or golden apple)
- Aristolochia bracteolate (Vishanika, Kiramar)
- Solanum melongena (Brihati)
- Aerua lanata (Bhadra)
- Pongamia glabra (Karanja)
- Holoptelia integrifolia (Pootikaranja)
- Premna corymbosa (Jaya)
- Terminalia chebula (Hareetki)
- Moringa oleifera (Sahijan, Bahalapallava)
- Desmostachya bipinnata (Kush, Darbha)
- Semecarpus anacardium (Agnimukh, Rujakara, Marking Nut)
Dosage: 60 ml two times a day daily before food.
Chandraprabha Vati is a tablet, used in the Ayurvedic treatment of diabetes, diseases of urinary tract, and many other disease conditions. It is widely used in Ayurvedic practice, across India.
3 g fine powder of each of
Chandraprabha – Karpura – Camphor – Cinnamomum camphora
Vacha – Acorus calamus
Musta – Nut grass (root) – Cyperus rotundus
Bhunimba – The Creat (whole plant) – Andrographis paniculata
Amruta – Indian Tinospora (stem) – Tinospora cordifolia
Daruka – Himalayan cedar (bark) – Cedrus deodara
Haridra – Turmeric rhizome – Curcuma longa
Ativisha – Aconitum heterophyllum
Darvi – Tree Turmeric (stem) – Berberis aristata
Pippalimoola – Long pepper root – Piper longum
Chitraka – Lead Wort (root) – Plumbago zeylanica
Dhanyaka – Coriander – Coriandrum sativum
Haritaki – Chebulic Myrobalan fruit rind – Terminalia chebula
Vibhitaki – Belliric Myrobalan fruit rind – Terminalia bellirica
Amalaki – Indian gooseberry fruit – Emblica officinalis Gaertn.
Chavya – Java Long Pepper – Piper chaba
Vidanga – False black pepper – Embelia ribes
Gajapippali – Java Long Pepper (fruit) – Piper chaba
Shunti – Ginger Rhizome – Zingiber officinalis
Maricha – Black pepper – Piper nigrum
Pippali – Long pepper fruit – Piper longum
Makshika Dhatu Bhasma – Purified Copper Iron Sulphate
Yava Kshara – Kshara of Barley – Hordeum vulgare
Saindhava Lavana – Rock salt
Sauvarchala Lavana – Sochal salt
Vida Lavana – Vida salt
12 g fine powder of each of
Trivrit – Operculina turpethum
Danti – Baliospermum montanum
Patra – Cinnamomum tamala
Twak – Cinnamon – Cinnamomum zeylanicum
Ela – Cardamom – Elettaria cardamomum
Vamshalochana – bambusa bambos
Loha Bhasma – Iron Bhasma – 24 g
48 g fine powder of each of
Sita – Sugar
Shilajatu – Asphaltum – 96 g
Guggulu – Indian bedelium – Commiphora mukul – 96 g
The name Chandraprabha is given due to –
Chandra refers to moon, this tablet is as calming and effective as the aura of moon.
With the word Chandraprabha, 3 herbs are considered.
Karpoora – Camphor – Cinnamomum camphora (as per Kashiram, Gudardha Deepika commentary on Sharangdhara Samhita). Camphor is the most commonly used ingredient.
Kapoor Kachur – Shati – Hedychium spicatum (as per Rasendra Sara Sangraha, by Kirhna Gopala Bhatta)
Bakuchi – Psoralea corylifolia (as per Vaidyaka Shabda Sindhu)
Reference: Sharangdhara Samhita Madhyama Khanda 7/40 – 49, Bhaishajyaratnavali.
Dosage: 2 tablets two times a day with Kasayam
kanchnar Guggulu is also known as kanchanara Guggulu / gulgulu.It is one of the very efficient Ayurvedic herbal medicine. Its reference is found in Bhaishajya ratnavali, 44th chapter.
Bauhinia variegata L. (Bark),
Terminalia chebula Retz (Fruit Rind),
Terminalia bellerica (Fruit Rind),
Emblica officinalis (Fruit),
Zingiber officinale (Rhizome),
Piper nigrum (Fruit),
Piper longum Linn (Fruit),
Crataeva nurvala (bark),
Elettaria cardamomum (Fruit),
Cinnamomum Zeylanicum (Leaves & Bark)
Commiphora Mukul (Guggulu Resin)
Dosage: 2 tablets two times a day after food
Lohasava is an Ayurvedic medicine for Anemia. It is a liquid Ayurvedic medicine. It contains naturally processed Iron.
Lohasava contains 4 – 10 % of self-generated alcohol in it. This self-generated alcohol and the water present in the product acts as a media to deliver water and alcohol soluble the active herbal components to the body.
Shodhita Loha (Purified, herbal processed Iron) – 192 g
Shunti – Ginger – Rhizome – 192 g
Black pepper – Piper nigrum – Fruit – 192 g
Long pepper – Piper longum – Fruit – 192 g
Haritaki (Terminalia chebula) – Fruit rind – 192 g
Vibhitaki (Terminalia bellierica) – Fruit rind – 192 g
Amla – Indian Gooseberry – Emblica officinalis – Fruit – 192 g
Yavani (Trachyspermum ammi) – Fruit – 192 g
Vidanga (Embelia ribes) – Fruit – 192 g
Mustaka (Cyperus rotundus) – Rhizome – 192 g
Chitra – Eranda (Ricinus communis) – Root – 192 g
Dhataki (Woodfordia fruticosa) – Flower – 960 g
Honey – 3.072 kg
Jaggery – 4.8 kg
Water – 24.576 liters.
Reference: Sharangdhara Samhita ma. 10/34-38
Dosage: 15 ml A/F bd.