Ayurveda Can Help Diabetes Treatment
Diabetes Treatment in Ayurveda is the uncontrolled rise in blood sugar level due to any kind of disorder in insulin secretion. This metabolic disorder arises from insufficient secretion of insulin by the pancreas or lack of response of the body to insulin. Following Ayurveda and natural methods, we help to manage diabetes and the associated complications that may occur due to abnormal blood sugar level.
What is Diabetes Mellitus?
Diabetes mellitus is characterized by hyperglycemia. It results from problems in insulin secretion. Uncontrolled diabetes can cause permanent damage to various organs, especially the eyes, nerves, kidneys, heart, and blood vessels and even amputation of limbs.
Classification of Diabetes Mellitus
Diabetes mellitus is of two types. Type 1 diabetes is the result of autoimmune beta-cell destruction, usually leading to total insulin deficiency. Type 2 diabetes develops in individuals due to an increase in insulin resistance with progressive loss of beta-cell secretion.
What is Prameha?
In Ayurveda, Diabetes Mellitus has been described by the name Asrava, Prameha, and/or Madhumeha. It has been reported that the patient passes a large quantity of urine similar to Madhu which has sweet or Madhura taste, dry or Ruksha texture, and Honey like a color. Acccording to the reports, Sahaja Prameha and Jatah Pramehi are linked with type 1 diabetes mellitus; Apathyanimittaja Prameha is associated with type 2 diabetes. Madhumeha is a kind of Prameha with Vata predominance, which results as the terminal stage of type 2 diabetes (insulin insensitivity), or as type 1 diabetes (pancreatic dysfunction) which sets on in early childhood.
Diabetes Diagnosis Criteria
The revised criteria for diagnosis according to the American Diabetes Association are:
- Plasma glucose concentration >200 mg/dl (11.1 mmol/l), along with the symptoms.
- Fasting plasma glucose level >126 mg/dl (7.0 mmol/l). Fasting is defined as no caloric intake for at least 8hrs.
- Post-prandial blood glucose >200 mg/dl or (11.1 mmol/l) during an oral glucose tolerance test (OGTT).
Diagnosis of Diabetes
Diabetes mellitus is diagnosed by performing:
- Blood Glucose Tests: This includes fasting blood sugar, postprandial sugar, glucose tolerance and HbA1c tests.
- Urine Glucose Tests: It is used to check glucose level in urine, for monitoring the degree of sugar control, or detect the efficacy of diabetes treatments.
- Insulin Sensitivity Test: It is rarely used but used for determining insulin sensitivity (or resistance) for obese individuals and those with PCOS. Using an IV-infusion of insulin, insulin sensitivity is checked,
- Other complimentary Tests: This includes glycated Serum Protein (GSP), Fructosamine, and C-peptide
Symptoms of Diabetes
You may have any or some of the following symptoms in case of diabetes.
- Sudden weight loss or weight gain
- Increased frequency of urination
- Increase in thirst and/or hunger
- Excessive sweating
How to Treat Diabetes Naturally?
The management of diabetes includes:-
- Lifestyle Management
- Counseling on diet
- Herbal medication
- Stress Management
The following Ayurvedic treatments are the best diabetes treatment in India. They help the diabetic patient get relief from Diabetes.
- Abhyangam– It helps to reduce stress, relax muscles and all of which results in sense of all well-being. It improves circulation which increases glucose absorption.
- Swedan– The therapy helps to balance the doshas; medicated herbal steam cleanses the body through skin pores. The accumulated toxins are expelled in the form of sweat.
- Basti – It also allows elimination of toxins from the body through the rectum.
- Virechana – It expels toxins from the liver and gallbladder.
Ayurveda for Diabetes Cure
Ayurvedic medicines and therapies helps eliminate hyperglycemia and reduce diabetes-associated complications. They help you to attain a normal lifestyle. As most of the diabetes cases result from obesity, Ayurvedic medicine for diabetes Nagpur provide remedies for weight loss which helps in sugar control. Ayurvedic Panchakarma therapies is believed to increase the action of beta cells in the pancreas for proper insulin secretion. It stimulates liver metabolism to maintain blood cholesterol level. Get herbal treatment for diabetes India at Parijatak Ayurveda. You will find the effect on your health with Diabetes treatment naturally.