Revealing the Secrets of Ayurveda for Treating Cancer
Cancer is a disease characterized by uncontrolled cell division taking the world by storm with the maximum number of deaths taking place worldwide. After heart disease, it is known to be the second biggest killer of human lives as the number of cases increases from 5.5 lakh in the year 1990 to 10.6 lakh in the year 2016. The number is still rising with no statement to clarify where the journey of cancer will take a halt in India. Talking about the global scenario, there has been a record of 18.1 million new cases and about 9.6 million deaths in the year 2018.
Know the Causes of Cancer
The most common causes of cancer include:
- Any sort of damage in the DNA
- Genetic condition
- Carcinogens like radiations, ultraviolet rays, smoking, tobacco, or asbestos
- Lack of physical activity
- Excessive exposure to sunlight
- Exposure to harmful radiations
Know the Symptoms of Cancer
There are various types of cancer depending on the location of uncontrolled cell division. This brings a variation in symptoms from individual to individual. However, the most common symptoms of cancer include:
- Unexplained pain
- Unusual bleeding
- Nagging cough
- Sudden changes in skin
- Unexpected weight loss
Ayurvedic Treatment for Cancer
When it comes to Allopathic, chemotherapy is one of the most commonly used treatments for cancer. The therapy is characterized by a limited amount of medicine dose injected into the body of the cancer patient to limit the toxicity of cancer cells. However, in some cases, the treatment has failed and the patient crippling from the disease has to suffer various negative impacts. Under such scenario, patients take a turn towards Ayurveda that uses traditional Indian medicines from ancient times to cure and prevent cancer.
Some of the most common Ayurvedic techniques for cancer treatment with high success rate are:
- Panchkarma: A therapy to kill toxins and clear unwanted debris from the human body.
- Shamana Chikitsa: A therapy to restore the balance of the tridosha, vata, kappa, and pita.
- Shodhana Chikitsa: A complete detoxification process through different mediums and channels.
- Rasayana: Restoring the imbalance created in the human body caused due to the presence of cancerous cells in the body.
- Daiva Vyapashraya Chikitsa: A technique that combines a perfect fusion of yoga postures and pranayam to synchronize the functioning of the body, mind, and soul. Some of the best yoga postures for cancer include butterfly pose, half sun salutation, anolum-vilom pranayam, and kapalbhati pranayam.
In addition, some herbal remedies for cancer has shown positive results over the years. Some of the most important herbs with anti-cancer properties include:
- Amla: Amla is the richest source of vitamin c and the king of body rejuvenation as per the records of Ayurveda. It is known to kill and prevent cancer cells in the body without harming the connected healthy cells.
- Garlic: This is known to be an anti-bacterial agent that actually works to restricts the growth and activation of cancer cells in the human body.
- Turmeric: Turmeric, commonly known as Haldi, is a perfect Ayurvedic remedy with its incredible value as an anti-cancer, anti-oxidant, antiseptic, anti-inflammatory agent. It is known to kill the existing cancer cells in the body while further restricting the growth.
- Ashwagandha: The herb is known to have excellent anti-cancer value due to the presence of a crystalline steroidal compound known as withaferin A.
- Holy Basil: Commonly known as Tulsi Leaves, the herb has incredible healing powers that balance all the functions in the human body while strengthening immunity.
To conclude, the best cancer treatment in Ayurveda comes with a flawless harmonization of right Ayurvedic techniques, herbal remedies, yogasanas, pranayams, and a perfect course of healthy lifestyle.