Diabetes is a disease that occurs when your glucose level is too high in the blood. Blood glucose or blood sugar is your main source of energy and comes from the food you eat. In India; it’s a very common disease, but Ayurveda has the best treatment of it. Best diabetes treatment with Ayurveda herbs and medicines because Ayurveda never fails to satisfy you.
Insulin, a hormone misbalance made by the pancreas, helps glucose from food get into your cells to be used for energy. But sometimes your body doesn’t use insulin well. Glucose stays in your blood and doesn’t reach your cells.
As we know, having too much glucose in your blood can cause health problems. Although diabetes has no cure, you can take precautions to maintain your diabetes and stay healthy.
Diabetes has lots of names such as “a touch of sugar” or “borderline sugar.” It is not important that either it is less or more, but every case of diabetes is serious.
Symptoms of Diabetes
Symptoms of diabetes vary depending on how much your blood sugar is raised. Symptoms of type 1 diabetes, tend to come on rapidly and be more serious. But in type 2 diabetes, may not experience symptoms initially.
Some of the symptoms and signs of type 1 and type 2 diabetes are-
- Frequent urination
- Increased thirst
- Extreme hunger
- Unexplained weight loss
- Blurred vision
- Presence of ketones in the urine
- Slow-healing sores
- Frequent infections
Type 1 diabetes can develop at any age; it often appears during childhood or youth. Type 2 diabetes, it is a more common type, can develop at any age, though it’s more common in people older than 40.
Causes of Diabetes
To understand what is diabetes? You must understand first how glucose is normally processed in the body.
How insulin works
Insulin in the blood is a hormone that comes from a gland situated behind and below the stomach.
· Insulin minimizes the amount of sugar in your blood.
· The pancreas secretes insulin into the blood.
· As your blood glucose level drops, secretion of insulin from your pancreas does.
· The insulin circulates, enabling glucose to enter your cells.
Causes of type 1 diabetes
The cause of type 1 diabetes is unknown. Your immune system- which normally fights against harmful bacteria or viruses- destroys your insulin-producing cells in the pancreas. Alternatively, of being transported into your cells, sugar builds up in your blood.
Type 1 is thought to be caused by a combination of genetic vulnerability and environmental factors, exactly what those factors are is still unclear.
Causes of type 2 diabetes
In type 2 diabetes, your cells become the opposition to the action of insulin, and your pancreas is unable to make enough insulin to overcome this resistance. Instead of moving into your cells where it’s needed sugar builds up in your blood.
Here, we have Ayurveda to get rid of diabetes disease
Ayurveda for diabetes treatment
Diabetes treatment in Ayurveda is the uncontrolled rise in blood glucose levels due to any kind of disorder in insulin secretion. This metabolic disorder arises from insufficient secretion of insulin or a lack of response of the body to insulin.
Ayurveda and natural methods, we help to manage diabetes and the associated complications that may occur due to abnormal blood glucose levels.
4 best Ayurveda therapies for diabetes
· Abhyangam- It is used to reduce stress, relax muscles, and all of which results in a sense of all well-being. It improves blood circulation which increases glucose absorption.
· Basti- It allows the elimination of toxins from the body through the rectum.
· Swedan- This therapy helps to balance the doshas; herbal medicines cleanses the body through skin pores. The collected toxins are expelled in the form of sweat.
· Virechana- It throws out toxins from the liver and gallbladder.
Ayurveda medicines and therapies help to reduce diabetes-associated complications. Most of the diabetes cases result from fatness, Ayurveda medicines for diabetes provide remedies for weight loss which helps in sugar control. Ayurveda panchakarma therapies are believed to increase cells in the pancreas for proper insulin secretion.
Top 5 Ayurveda herbs for diabetes
Diabetes is a common health problem affecting a large number of population across the globe. A condition in which sugar builds up in the blood. A popular belief that diabetes is caused due to excessive sugar intake, stress, excess weight gain, and weird lifestyle these are the important factors that lead to diabetes.
But, Ayurveda has some herbs that can stimulate the production of insulin.
1. Sadabahar- It is also known as periwinkle a medicinal plant found mostly in India. The leaves and flowers of this shrub are known to be effective in treating diabetes. Other health conditions like malaria, and sore throats also treated by this herb.
2. Gurmar- Gurmar contains compounds like gurmarin, and flavonols, which is effective in managing blood glucose levels in a person suffering from diabetes. It is an Ayurveda herb, used in treating different conditions like cough, allergies, and constipation.
3. Vijaysar- It is another Ayurveda herb that is used to maintain a blood sugar level. This herb is packed with full of anti-hyperlipidemia properties that help to reduce the cholesterol level in the body.
Vijaysar also reduces symptoms of diabetes like frequent urination, burning sensation, and overeating.
4. Giloy- Giloy leaves are quite effective in controlling blood glucose levels and managing other symptoms of diabetes. This herb is also used to boost immunity and the antioxidants present in it fights damaging free radicals.
5. Jamun- The seeds of jamun stimulates the secretion of insulin and is amazing for people suffering from diabetes. Jamun is also used to reduce the risk of kidney dysfunction and accelerate the wound healing process in diabetics.