Ayurvedic Treatment Of Fibromyalgia / Myofascial Pain Dysfunction In Central India
About Fibromyalgia Disorder-
Fibromyalgia is a disorder characterized by widespread musculoskeletal pain accomplished by fatigue, sleep, memory and mood issues. It is believed that fibromyalgia amplifies painful sensations by affecting the way your brain processes pain signal.
Other symptoms include debilitating fatigue, sleep disturbance, and joint stiffness. Some patients also report difficulty with swallowing, bowel and bladder abnormalities, numbness and tingling and cognitive dysfunctions.
Symptoms sometimes begin after a physical trauma, surgery, infection or significant psychological stress.
Women’s are much more likely to develop Fibromyalgia Disorder than men.
Ayurvedic Treatment For Fibromyalgia Disorder-
While there is no cure for Fibromyalgia Disorder, a variety of medications can help control symptoms. Like Exercise, relaxation and stress-reduction measures also may help.
1.VATA KAPHA HARAM
Ayurvedic Medicines For Fibromyalgia Disorder
- Varanadi Kashayam – Varanadi Kashayam has the capacity to correct the digestion and metabolism. It helps in fatty liver, belly fat and central obesity. In skin diseases, it is beneficial to reduce itching. Therefore, it can be helpful in eczema and dermatitis.
Varanadi Kashayam contains following ingredients.
- Crataeva nurvala (Varuna)
- Asparagus racemosus (Shatavari)
- Plumbago zeylanica (Chitrak)
- Strobilanthes ciliatus (Sairyaka)
- Chonemorpha fragrans (Moorva)
- Aegle marmelos (Bael or Bilva or golden apple)
- Aristolochia bracteolate (Vishanika, Kiramar)
- Solanum melongena (Brihati)
- Aerua lanata (Bhadra)
- Pongamia glabra (Karanja)
- Holoptelia integrifolia (Pootikaranja)
- Premna corymbosa (Jaya)
- Terminalia chebula (Hareetki)
- Moringa oleifera (Sahijan, Bahalapallava)
- Desmostachya bipinnata (Kush, Darbha)
- Semecarpus anacardium (Agnimukh, Rujakara, Marking Nut)
Dosage: of Varanadi Kashayam 60 ml bd B/F
- Kanchnar Guggulu– Kanchnar Guggulu is also known as Kanchanara Guggulu / gulgulu.It is one of the very efficient Ayurvedic herbal medicine. Useful in treating goiter (nodules of the neck), tumors and extra growths, useful in herbal wound healing, skin diseases, sinuses, and fistula.
Dosage 2 tablets with Kashayam.
Kanchnar Guggulu Ingredients –
1.Bauhinia variegata L. (Bark),
2.Terminalia chebula Retz (Fruit rind),
3.Terminalia bellerica (Fruit rind),
4.Emblica officinalis (Fruit),
5.Zingiber officinale (Rhizome),
6.Piper nigrum (Fruit),
7.Piper longum Linn (Fruit),
8.Crataeva nurvala (bark),
9.Elettaria cardamomum (Fruit),
10.Cinnamomum Zeylanicum (Leaves & Bark)
11.Commiphora mukul (Guggulu Resin)
Ashwagandharishta– A liquid Ayurveda medicine used in the treatment of sexual disorders, depression etc. Ashwagandharishta contains about 5 – 10 % of self-generated natural alcohol in it. This self-generated alcohol and the water present in the product act as a media to deliver water and alcohol soluble the active herbal components to the body. This is also called as Asvagandharishtam.
Dosage: 20 ml two times a day after food.
1.Ashwagandha (Withania somnifera) – Root – 2.4 kg
2.Mushali (Chlorophytum tuberosum) – Root – 960 g
3.Manjishta (Rubia cordifolia) – Root – 480 g
4.Haritaki (Terminalia chebula) – Fruit – 480 g
5.Nisha – Turmeric – rhizome – 480 g
6.Daruharidra (Berberis aristata) – Stem – 480 g
7.Yashtimadhu – Licorice – Root – 480 g
8.Rasna (Pluchea lanceolata) – Root / leaf – 480 g
9.Vidari (Pueraria tuberosa) – Root – 480 g
10.Arjuna (Terminalia arjuna) – stem bark – 480 g
11.Mustaka (Cyperus rotundus) – Rhizome – 480 g
12.Trivrit (Ipomoea turpethum) – Root – 480 g
13.Sariva (Indian sarsaparilla – Hemidesmus indicus) – Root – 384 g
14.Krishna Sariva (Cryptolepis buchanani) – Root – 384 g
15.Shweta Candana (Santalum album) – heart wood – 384 g
16.Rakta Candana (Pterocarpus santalinus) – heart wood – 384 g
17.Vacha (Acorus calamus) – Rhizome – 384 g
18.Chitraka (Plumbago zeylanica) – Root – 384 g
19.water for decoction – 98.304 liters
20.Boiled and reduced to 12.288 liters.
21.Madhu – Honey – 14.4 kg
23.Dhataki Woodfordia fruticosa – Flower – 768 g
24.Shunti – Ginger – Rhizome – 96 g
25.Maricha – Pepper – fruit – 96 g
26.Pippali – Long pepper – 96 g
27.Twak – Cinnamon – 192 g
28.Ela – Cardamom – 192 g
29.Patra (Cinnamomum tamala) – leaves – 192 g
30.Priyangu ( Callicarpa macrophylla) – Flower – 192 g
31.Nagakeshara (Mesua ferrea) – Stamen – 96 g
Nagaradi Lepam – It is applied with tamarind water, saindavam, and vinegar in warm form.
5.Kayathirumeni Thailam – For External applications.
Kayathirumeni Thailam Ingredients
Piper betle Leaf