Throughout human history, there have been numerous instances of one or more virulent infections that have plagued the world. From the Middle Ages when the Great Plague affected an incredible number of population in Europe and Asia to the more recent outbreaks of Ebola and most recently the Corona virus, humans have been afflicted immensely.
With the recent outbreak of the Coronavirus health experts and scientists from around the world are working round the clock to find the cure for this incredibly harmful virus. However, the amazing science of Ayurveda has been offering effective and successful treatments for a number of dangerous diseases and virus infections for many thousand years.
What is the Corona Virus?
The Coronaviruses are a group of common viruses that are named so because of the distinct crown like growth on their surface. Some of these are harmful to animals only while others are known to affect humans and animals alike. Despite the recent scare of the global outbreak many of us are unaware that the Coronavirus is fairly common and many of us are affected by it at one point in our lives. However, the recently discovered SARS – COV – 2 which causes Corona Virus Disease 2019, also known in short as the COVID – 19, is one of the more dangerous forms of respiratory infections, which also include the SARS (Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome) and the MERS (Middle East Respiratory Syndrome) that affect humans and can prove fatal if left untreated.
Marma Ayurveda, the leading Ayurveda medicine experts in India offers an excellent and reliable Ayurveda treatment for Coronavirus.
Source and Spread of Corona Virus
The Corona virus is most often seen affecting animals, including cattle, cats, bats, etc. In rare instances, the virus which affects animals also affects humans and is highly contagious with the ability to spread fast between people.
The SARS – COV – 2 Virus, which is the Corona virus that is affecting tens of thousands of people around the world, is termed as a Beta Corona Virus and originates mainly in bats. According to reports, the virus outbreak was initially reported from the Wuhan city in Hubei Province in China. It is believed to be linked to a live animal and seafood market, which indicates its animal – to – human infection. Soon, the virus was reported spreading from human to human not only within China but also as far as Italy and the United States.
With the help of proper precautions and the Ayurvedic treatment for viral infection, it is possible to prevent the illness from worsening and even spreading among a community.
How severe is Corona Virus Infection?
As the COVID – 19 disease is a recent discovery, the complete clinical analysis is not yet available. Scientists and medical experts from around the world have instead suggested that the viral infection ranges from mild (which also includes persons who have not shown any visible signs and symptoms) to severe, which includes illness that has proven fatal in many cases. A report by the Chinese authorities speculates that around 16% of infection cases have proven serious, often resulting in the death of the affected person. Reports also suggest that older people and others with severe medical conditions, such as diabetes, lung diseases and heart disorders are more likely to be infected with the Corona Virus Disease 2019.
How is Corona Virus Diagnosed?
The main diagnosis for detecting Corona Virus Disease 2019 involves looking for signs of the infection through testing of:
- Nasal secretions
- Blood testing
- Body fluid tests
After a physical analysis, if the doctor feels that you may be infected with the COVID – 19 Virus, then they will provide you detailed instructions to undergo the new diagnostic methods for the Corona Virus Disease.
Special laboratories have been set up in almost every country to test for the COVID – 19. The tests and diagnosis of Corona Virus include:
- Swab tests – A special swab of the sample from the nose and throat is taken and tested for the virus.
- Nasal aspirate – A special saline solution is injected into the nose and then carefully removed using the gentle suction method so the solution can be sent for further analysis.
- Tracheal aspirate – A bronchoscope, which is a thin surgical tube with a light source at one end, is carefully inserted into the mouth, through the throat all the way to the lungs, where it collects a sample of lung fluid for detailed testing.
- Sputum test – Sputum is the thick, mucus substance which is ejected from the lungs when you cough. This test requires you to cough up sputum in a sample cup which is sent for further analysis at a pathology laboratory. Sputum tests may also be accomplished by taking a sample from your nose using a swab.
- Blood test – A sample of your blood is taken using injection and sent for laboratory analysis to detect the specific signs of the virus.
What are the Signs and Symptoms of Corona Virus?
The signs and symptoms of the Corona Virus include:
- Sore throat
- Shortness of breath
Although these signs and symptoms of the Corona Virus are similar to that of the common flu, if a person experiences the above symptoms for more than 2 days, it is highly advised to seek medical help and get tested for COVID – 19 Virus.
How to Treat Corona Virus Infection?
If the tests for the virus come back as positive, then your doctor may advise certain steps to relieve the discomforting symptoms associated with the Corona Virus Disease, which include:
- Plenty of fluid intake
- Taking conventional pain killers
On the other hand, if the symptoms seem to get worse with time, such as severe coughing, increased breathing problems and high fever, then you will be advised to take extra precautions, such as:
- Staying at home unless required to step outside for medical care
- Wearing a face mask when around others
- Avoiding sharing of utensils, towels, beddings or any other such item with others
- Using a tissue or handkerchief to cover your mouth and nose while sneezing or coughing
- Using hand sanitizer or disinfectant soap to clean hands regularly
Thankfully, with Marma Ayurveda, you can now get an effective and excellent Ayurveda treatment for viral infections and lead a healthy and happy life.