The Risk of Prostate Cancer
According to the Global cancer observatory, prostate cancer is very common in men. It is the second most common type of cancer in men, after lung cancer, worldwide. Prostate cancer stands among the top ten leading cancers in India. It primarily affects the elderly men, above 65 years of age. As of September 2019, the Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR) said that the incidence rate of prostate cancer in India is higher than countries like Asia and Africa, but lower than the US and Europe.
Prostate Cancer Symptoms
At its early stages, prostate cancer symptoms are not noticeable. Prostate cancer shows symptoms at advanced such as
- Difficulty in urination
- Low force of urine
- Blood in the urine, and semen
- Swelling in the legs
- Discomfort in the pelvic region
- Bone pain
Causes of Cancer
Among the various causes cited for prostate cancer are:
- Pollution in the environment
- Unhealthy eating habits
- Sedentary lifestyle
- No spiritual activity in life
- Stagnation of emotion
Ayurvedic Causes of Prostate Cancer
Ayurveda states that prostate cancer is caused by:
- Aggravation of the three doshas, viz., vata, pitta and kapha
- Dosha-related problems in the shukra dhatu
- Accumulation of toxins (ama) around the prostate gland
- Accumulation of the other two doshas to cause tridoshic provocation
Ayurveda proposes herbal formulation for prostate cancer. Among the best centers for prostate cancer treatment in India is Parijatak Ayurveda in Nagpur. The center is run by experts in Ayurvedic therapies. Under the supervision of Ayurveda experts, various potent medicinal combinations are prepared for the treatment of deadly diseases, like cancer.
Cancer formulations consist of herbs like:
- Ushira (Vetiveria zizanioides)
- Swet Chandan (Santalum album)
- Punarnava (hog weed)
- Gorakhmundi (Globe thistle)
- Salam Mishri (Salep Orchid)
- Lata Karanj (Caesalpinia bonducella)
- Varunadi Vati (Crataeva nurvala)
- Kachnaar Guggul
Importance of Ayurvedic Herbs
The herbs used for treating cancer are consumed by the patient or applied topically over the tumor as a paste where it will act directly on the cancer to provide a deeper healing. This depends upon the patient’s health, and his nature. The same medicine is not effective on one and all.
- Medicines are made of white sandalwood, guduchi, shilajit, and pumpkin seeds improve urination.
- Herbs like gokshura, bala, shilajit, zinc bhasma, and saw palmetto maintain testosterone production.
- Rabdosia is one of the potent anti-cancer herbs.
- Ashwaganda nourishes the prostate gland.
- Kapikacchu, bala and marshmellow are beneficial for enlarged prostate.
- Turmeric, and zinc bhasma are immunoboosters.
- Punarnava is another important herb which produces alkaloids that rejuvenates the urinary tract and effective in the treatment of cancer.
There are numerous herbs which are highly beneficial for prostate cancer and other problems related to the organ. Application of herbal poultices and fomentation for vata problems is highly recommended. Herbal poultices, and herbal purgatives provide respite from disorders related to aggravated pitta dosha. Therapies with hot plaster containing herbal extracts improves ailments resulting from kapha dosha. For all details, talk to the Ayurveda experts. Consult the experts at Parijatak Ayurveda and get the best advice to cure prostate cancer.