Hyperglycemia is defined as the high levels of blood sugars in the blood. This commonly occurs as a characteristic symptom in diabetic patients wherein the human body. With this condition, the body is either unable to produce enough insulin or create a resistance to the functioning of the insulin. When the functioning is hampered or the action of insulin is inhibited, it reduces the body’s capability to absorb glucose that is used to derive energy for various activities.
Some of the common causes of hyperglycemia are:
- Consumption of carbohydrates
- Sedentary lifestyle
- Too much of stress and anxiety
- Lack of exercises
- Excessive intake of sweeteners
- Undergoing health conditions that require the consumption of steroids
In such a scenario, when the blood sugar keeps on increasing, body blocks the release of glucagon and this, in turn, leads to a dramatic increase of insulin secretion in the pancreas. To state the impact of insulin, it has various effects on the human body that can even prove to be fatal. It involves the occurrence of many complications of the kidney, heart, bones, joints, feet, gums, and nerves.
Some of the signs and symptoms of hyperglycemia are:
- Uncontrolled and frequent urination
- Blurred vision
- Weakness and fatigue
- Breathing difficulty
- Dryness in the mouth
- The confused state of mind
- Abdominal pain
- Heaviness of body
- Increased weight gain
- Aging symptoms
This may even lead to deadly and emergency health conditions like hyperglycemic hyperosmolar state and diabetic coma. Hence, it is of utmost important to find out a perfect diabetes treatment designed specifically for treating hyperglycemia.
Ayurvedic Management of Hyperglycemia
In general terms, even hyperglycemia is known as ‘Madhumeha’ in Ayurveda and the best Ayurvedic treatment for diabetes in any form is thoughtful changes in diet and lifestyle. These changes also involve an adequate amount of exercises to the daily routine. People with high blood sugar need to check the Glycemic index of different fruits, vegetables, cereals, grains, and all other foods. Remember that, foods that rank high on the Glycemic scale are not good for hyperglycemic people. Here is a recipe that works as an ideal hyperglycemic diet.
- Ensure that there are at least a couple of foods in every meal providing a particular kind of nutritional value so that your meals are well balanced
- Avoid all kinds of aerated beverages, especially with meals, and preferably at all times. These add empty calories and increase blood sugar drastically
- Water should be drunk in large quantities all through the day. Avoid drinking water immediately after a meal since it affects digestion
- Stagger meals and eat five to six small meals per day rather than three big meals
- Fix meal times and portions and stick to them
- Do not eat just before bedtime
Talking about the best Ayurvedic cure, Parijatak offers a streamlined course of best diabetes treatment in Nagpur. Parijatak is a well renowned Ayurvedic clinic in Nagpur, one of the most reputed of Central India, with well-experienced therapists and Ayurvedic doctors for guidance and assistance.