Aswagandharishtam (Bhaishajya ratnavali)
- Withania somnifera (Aswagandha)-2.4kg
- Curculigo orchiodides (Musli)960gm
- Rubia cordifolia (Manjishta)-480gm
- Berberis aristata (Daruharidra)-480gm
- Terminalia chebula(Haritaki)-480gm
- Curcumalonga (Rajani)-480gm
- Glycirrhiza glabra(Yashtimadhu)-480gm
- Pluchea lanceolata(Rasna)-480gm
- Pueraria tuberosa(Vidari)-480gm
- Terminalia arjuna(Arjuna)-480gm
- Cyperus rotundus(Musta)-480gm
- Ipomoea turpenthum(Trivritta)-480gm
- Hemidesmus indicus(Sariva)-384gm
- Cryptolepis buchanani(Krishna sariva)-384gm
- Santalum abum(Shweta chandana)-384gm
- Pterocarpus santalinus(Rakta chandana)-384gm
- Acorus calamus(Vacha)-384gm
- Plumbago zeylanica(Chitraka)-384gm
- Water for decoction-98.304 liters
- Boiled and reduced to 12.288 liters
Callicarpa macrophylla (Priyangu)-192gm
The kwath is prepared by adding coarse powder of above mentioned herbs in to water in above mentioned quantity .It is reduced to 12.288 liters.then filtered it.Now add honey in above mentioned quantity.Mix it properly then add prakshepa dravya in it and kept it in air tight container for 30 days for ermentation.After fermentation filtered it and used it.
Ref. Text book
Bhaishajyaratnavali, Adhyayam 21
- Prescribed for epilepsy, faintness, fatigue, psychic problems, loss of memory,lack of sleep,depression,anxiety
- used in stomach related problems like low digestive power, emanciation, indigestion,
- Used in vata imbalance disease like rheumatic complaints ,arthritis,hemiplegia,palsy,vertigo,headache,Parkinson’s disease
- Used to treat Lumbar spondolysis,cervical spondolysis,neck pain,low back pain.
- Used in sexual disoders like oligospermia,low libido,male and female nfertility
- Used to treat fatigue,lethargy,tiredness,body heaviness,fibromyalgia
- Used to treat Hypothyroidism,Hypothyroidism
- Used to treat Perimenopausal symptoms
- Also used to treat heart disease and hypertension as it is good anti oxidant and stress reliver in nature
- 25 to 30 ml 2-3 daily or as per physician’s advice
It causes stomach irritation when consumed in high dose
People with pitta prakruti ,it causes constipation,acidity and sore throat problem.
It should be taken with equal amount of water as it increases body warmth.
It is avoided during pregnancy but should be taken during lactation only after doctor’s recommandation.