Nowadays piles are very common problems. Piles also called as hemorrhoids. It mainly occurs due to diet & lifestyle changes. It is of 2 types. Bleeding pile & nonbleeding piles. It is very common in pregnancy also. Piles or hemorrhoid is a condition in which the veins at the lower end of rectum become inflamed & enlarged. As the pressure on rectum & anus increases it causes more pressure on these veins .when the veins become too inflamed or sensitive they may burst & cause rectal bleeding. This is the very painful condition.
Another type of classification depends on their location. i.e internal & external piles. Haemorrhoids become an issue only when they begin to swell, causing bleeding, itching, and pain.
- Most common cause – persistent constipation.
- Sedentary lifestyle
- Untreated gastric conditions like dysentery.
- Prolonged sitting job
- Colon cancer
- Previous rectal surgery
They are located in the inner lining of the anal region. These hemorrhoids are usually painless. They are not visible but when inflamed leads to bleeding.
External hemorrhoids :
Located on the external side of the rectum. It is painful, can be felt & visible. When they are inflamed they burst & causing bleeding.
Bleeding piles :
The piles which usually bleed called as bleeding piles. It is very painful & troublesome condition. It affects the psychological & physical health of a person. Regular bleed causes extreme weakness & anemia. patient feel dizziness & fainting.
Only pile mass can felt & it causes pain & discomfort. It also cause lot of irritation & itching in anal region
- Pain in anal region
- Itching & irritation in anal region
- Mass felt in anal region
- Bleeding during defecation
The disease in which the mamsa ankurs occurs at the opening of guda marg obstructs the pathway & troubles the person like the enemy is called as arshas.
The vitiated tridoshas (Vata, pitta & kapha) goes into the twak (skin) mamsa (Muscles) & meda (Far) sthan & cause the formation of tag i.e. mamasanuntcur as the anal opening.
There are 6 types of Arshas.
Arshas can be treated with 4 types of treatment
- Shastra karma — surgical method
- Kshara karma — cauterization with alkalis
- Agni karma — fire cauterization
- Aushadha — medicines
For the treatment of arshas it is classified into 2 categories
- Shuska Arsha.
Sushka arsha :
The arshas which are dry in nature. It is caused by vitiation of vata, kapha or vata-kapha doshas.
Aadra arsha- This is wet in nature It occurs due to vitiation of pitta, rakta & rakta – pitta doshas.
Sushkarsh chikitsa :-
- Local Abhyanga – With till tail & ghrut.
- Swedan– By rasna churna.
- Avagahan– It is very effective in painful condition. Sitz bath by medicinal preparing of triphala & haridra.
- Dhupan – fumigation of the anal region with dhupan dravyas.
- Lepanam– application of paste on pile mass for resolution.
- Basti– enama of medicated drugs, Useful for internal healing
- Raktarsha chikitsta
- Tikradravya prayoga
- Rakta sthambhan yoga.
- Medicinal preparations like
- Pippalyadi ghruta
- Nagaradi ahruta
- Bilwadi yoga
- Triphala guggul
- Kanchanar guggul
- Avipattikar churna
- Ghandharva tiastyadi kwath
- Trivritta avaleha