The polycystic ovarian disease it is a very common health problem in females in this era. It is an endocrine disorder.
In this disease ovaries forms multiple cysts hence it is called as polycystic ovaries.
It is commonly found in reproductive age and it leads to menstrual disorders and fertility also.
There is increased production of androgen by the ovaries which suppresses the maturation of ovarian follicles. So, ovum does not form properly and not released ( anovulation).
Sign and Symptoms
- Menstrual irregularity
- Hirsutism- abnormal growth of hair in body
- Alopecia- Hair fall
- Weight Gain
- Skin tags
- Pelvic Pain
Causes Of PCOD
- Improper diet and sedentary lifestyle.
- Lack of excercise
- Mental stress
- Excessive Consumption of contraceptive pills.
- Hereditary factors
- Obesity and insulin resistance
Treatment And Management Of PCOD
- Regular Excercise- To reduce body weight by exercise and walking. It helps in proper insulin secretion in the body.
- Meditation – Helps in managing the anxiety, depression and stress level.
- Diet – Eat healthy, nonoily – non-spicy and fibrous food, eat food with low glycemic index.
- Internal Medication- Dashmool kashayam, Varuna di kashayam, kumari asava, Ashokarishta helps in menstural problems. Manjistadi kwath, Sarivadyasava helps in blood purification.
- Hingwadi churna, Avipattikar churna, Triphala churna helps in ulteration of digestive system.
- Chandraprabha vati, Triphala guggul, medohar guggul helps in insuline resistance and obesity.
- Shatavari Churna, Phala ghrut (Ghee), Patrangasava helps in increasing fertility level
- Panchakarma Therapies
Ayurvedic Concept On PCOD
PCOD explained under “Yonivyapad Adhyaya” by Acharya Charak. mainly tri doshas with Rasa, rakta and meda dhatus involved in this pathogenesis. In which Kapha is predominant. Kapha Affected digestive fire means
Jathragni Mandya which starts to affect the metabolic aspects of seven dhatus. Another thing is there is involvement of Aartav- vaha strotras and block the proper formation of tissues and cells.
Hence we thought about PCOD we have to think about all these mentioned factors.
- Vaman- Through vaman expulsion of vitiated kapha done. Vaman also purifies internal toxins and balances hormonal system. It also acts on the pancreas to stimulate proper amount of insulin.
- Virechan- It is for the expulsion of vitiated Pitta. It also acts on liver hence it helps in for metabolism of body . Pitta and rakta are internally connected hence purification of rakta also done by virechanam.
- Basti- Medicated oil or decoction is given through rectum. It mainly acts on Vata doshas. Basti of sahachar tail helps in ovulation and basti of dashmu tail helps in menstrual problems.
- Uttarbasti- Uttar Basti is very effective treatment for the gynecological problem. It helps in purification of Aarta- vaha strotras and pacification of Apana Vayu.