Pathya-Apathya For Hyperthyroidism
Pathyakar ahar-vihar (Do’s)
- Eat fresh and warm food.
- Eat plenty of the following foods: broccoli, cabbage, cauliflower, kale, mustard greens, peaches, pears, rutabagas, soybeans, spinach, and turnips.
- Eat fruits like oranges,mousambi ,amla ,graps which are rich in vitamine C—
- Eat grains like masoor dal ,moong dal in good quantity.
- Use spices like turmeric, ginger, rosemary,cinnamon ,hing in diet.
- Use raw salt in the diet.
- Daily morning walk is good for health
- Yoga like halasana,sarvangasana,mastyasana,suryanamsakar is beneficial.
- Pranayam like omkar,bhramari,sheetali,sitkari is advisiable.
Apathyakar Ahar-Vihar (Dont’s)
Avoid excessive use of salt in diet
- Avoid iodine-rich foods like sea fish and fresh water, sea vegetables, sea salts, seafoods, red meat, milk and dairy products, wheat, oats, rye, barley, refined flour, white bread, pasta, sugar, caffeine, nicotine and alcohol.
- Avoid eating sea vegetables like kelp, kombu, Irish moss, nori, dulse, and frame.
- Avoid spicy and heavy to digest food
- Avoid day sleeping and night awakening