Suska Arsas ( Nonbleeding piles)
Treatment principle for Non Bleeding Piles
For Non-Bleeding piles – vatakaphahara, usna, Srotosodhanam, Srstavinmutratvam, vatanulomanam
• Ciravilvadi kasayam – 60 ml morning and night before food.
• Dusparsakadi kasayam – 60 ml morning and night before food.
• Gandarvahastadi kasayam – 60 ml morning and night before food.
• Vaisvanara curnam – 1 teaspoon with kasayam morning and night before food.
• Trvrt curnam – 20 gms with hot water at night after food.
• Trphala curnam – 1 teaspoon with hot water at night
• Yogaraja curnam – 1 teaspoon with hot water at night
• Guggulupancapala curnam – 1 teaspoon with hot water at night
• Kaisora Guggulu- 2-0-2 after food
• Kankayana vati -2-0-2 after food
• Saddaranam tablet -2-0-2 after food
• Bhallataka vati (lmis pharma), two tablets two times a day are effective.
• Idivalldi capsule [ contain sudhika ballataka ] (SKM pharama, Erode ) one tablet two times a day is effective in suska arsas.
• Putikaranjasavam are useful in non bleeding piles- 20 ml morning and night after food.
• Abhayaristam – 20 ml morning and night after food.
• dantiyaristam– 20 ml morning and night after food.
• Duralabaristam – 20 ml morning and night after food.
• pippalyasavam– 20 ml morning and night after food.
• putivalkalasavam– 20 ml morning and night after food.
• Sukumara aristam – 20 ml morning and night after food.
• When there is constipation without acidity, 25 ml of abhayaristam twice a day is effective in non- bleeding piles.
- Sukumara lehyam- 20 gms with warm water night after food.
- Bahusala gudam- 1 teaspoon two times a day
- Dantiharitaki lehyam – 2 teaspoon at bed time
- Dasamula haritaki lehyam – 2 teaspoon at bed time
- Hrdya virecanam – 2 teaspoon at bed time
- Manibadra gudam – 1 teaspoon at bed time
- Vanasurana lehyam -1 teaspoon morning and night after food
- carngeriyadi ghrtam – 10 with milk at bed time
- sukumara ghrtam – with milk at bed time
- palandava ghrtam – with milk at bed time
- varandi ghrtam – with milk at bed time
- guggulutikta ghrtam – with milk at bed time
- arpguavardhini vati -2-0-2 after food.
Non bleeding piles treatment
- Aristas used in areas and its specificity
- Abhayaristam– Main ingredients is amalaki. It is agni dipana, vata kaphahara, anulomana. Useful in visa rogas also.
- Dantiaristam – more anulomana and katu than abhayaristam
- Duralabristam- more anuomana than dantiyaristam
- Puthikarajasavam – it is a lekhana yoga. Agni dipana, useful in renalstones also. It is cukra (more acidic in nature)
All references are from astanga Hrudya – arso cikitsa
- Nirgundi patra kasayam or luke warm water
- Mahatiktaka ghrtam
- Satadoutha ghrtam
- Masikkai tailam
Matra vasti [Udavarta avastha]
- Pippalyadi anuvasana tailam
- Gandarvahasta eranda tailam – 25 ml morning empty stomach weekly once
- Sukumara eranda tailam – 25 ml morning empty stomach weekly once
- Hingutriguna tailam – 25 ml morning empty stomach weekly once
- kalyanaka gudam– 25 ml morning empty stomach weekly once
- hrdya virecanam – 25 ml morning empty stomach weekly once
- drinking at least 2 liters of water a day is desirable
A sitz bath (hip bath ) is where in only the hips and buttocks are immersed in water or saline solution. Its name comes from the German verb “ Sitzen “, meaning “ to sit.
As a form of hydrotherapy-the use of hot and cold water, steam and iced to restore and maintain health-the sitz bath increases blood flow to the pelvic and abdominal areas and thus can help reduce inflammation and alleviate a variety of problems. In Sitz baths are particularly helpful for disorders like hemorrhoids, muscular disorders, painful ovaries and testicles, prostate problems and uterine cramps. Cold sitz baths are helpful in the treatment o important and vaginal discharge. Alternating hot and cold sitz baths help to relieve abdominal disorders, congestion, headaches, muscle disorders, neuralgia, and swollen ankles.
Procedure of sitz bath
Fill a tub or basin so that the water covers the hips and reaches the middle of the abdomen. If no suitable basins are available, one can utilize a bathtub.
The temperature of the water should vary according to the type of illness. When using a hot sitz bath, the bathtub or basin should be filled with water of about 110 “f. stay in the bath for to forty minutes.
When using a cold sitz bath, fill the bathtub or basin with ice cold water. Patient must stay in the cold bath for 1 -2 minutes only.
When using alternative hot and cold baths, fill one basin with water of about 110 F. and the second basin with ice water. Immerse yourself first in the hot sitz bath and remain there for three to four minutes. then move to the cold sitz bath and remain there for thirty to sixty seconds. Repeat this two to four times and dry the patient using a towel.
Sitz baths are very helpful for a woman after childbirth irrespective of an episiotomy.