MIGRAINE & AYURVEDA
A headache is a worldwide common problem. A headache is one of the most disabling conditions causing pain, discomfort, loss of productivity which cause a disturbance in the day to day activity.
A migraine is the very common type of headache disorder now a day. According to global health survey near about 15% of the population is suffering from this disease & women’s are more sufferer than means.
1) change is sleep patterns.
2) Change in weather conditions.
3) Onset of menstruation.
4) Missing meal or fasting condition stress & anxiety.
– Long exposures to sunlight.
– Long exposures to computer /T.V.
– Loud sound.
– Smoking & alcohol consumption.
– Sudden stopping of intake of coffee /tea
- Headache – which is pulsating & throbbing in nature .
- Nausea & vomiting
- Craving for certain food items.
- Muscle stiffness in neak region.
- Excessive sleep.
Migraine is caused by excessive vessels.In Ayurveda migraine is similar to Anantavata , a vata dosha disorder . there is another condition disorder in Ayurveda the ardhavabhedak refers to a one-sided headache. Does not encompass migraine completely. According to Ayurveda tridosha is responsible for migraine out of which vata & pitta doshas are predominant. vata controls are predomination. Vata controls the nerves system & brain. Improper metabolism, mental stress, causes vitiation & vata doshas which leads to excessive stimulation of brain & blood vessels.
Which vitiated pitta is responsible for dilation of blood vessels which causes dilation of blood vessels which causes the onset of migraine attack.
- Diet –
Good diet bulls good health of person. Hence diet always is full of six rasas i.e. good in the nutritional valve.
- Only good & proper diet is not sufficient but diet always be on time. Time of eating is very important.
- Diet always accompanied with lots of salad & fruits.
Yoga s best remedy for migraine yoga is not only cure the disease but also it provide a good immunity to person.Pranayam & medication – increases oxygen supply of brain & reduces the tension of brain & blood vessels.Some asana like – hasta pad asana, shishunasana , paschimottansana , adhomukh savasana , padmasana sata bandhasana is beneficial.
- Nasya – medicated oil drops poured in nose called as nasya therapy it helps in pacification of doshas.
- Shirolepa – application of herbal paste over the head surface . it helps in painfiction pitta dosha .
- Shiro dhara- pouring of medicated oil over the head . it relieves the stress & tension .
- Kaval graha – oil pulling it is done by oil like anu tail which help in pacification of vata dosha.
- Shirovasti – medicated oil retained for some period of time over the scalp.
- Anuvasan basti – enema of medicated oil like dhanawantram dashmuldi oil. It helps in pacification of vata doshas.
- Swarna sootshekhar chandrakala rasa
- Godanti bhasma kamdudha rasa
- Shankha bhasma
- Pattyadi kadha . Bhoonimbadi kadha