Low blood pressure And Ayurveda-
- Low blood pressure is also known as hypotension.The normal range of blood pressure is 120-140mmHg of systolic and 70-80mmHg of diastolic.The fall in blood pressure below the normal range is called as hypotension. When readings are consistently lower than 90/60mm Hg, it’s considered as hypotension. Some of the major reasons of hypotension are nutritional deficiencies, dehydration and endocrine disorders.
- , nausea,
- The patient may faint, especially if arterial pressure is lowered further when he assumes an erect position. These symptoms are presumably due to a decrease in perfusion of blood to brain, heart, skeletal muscle and other organs
- Faulty nutrition is main cause behind this. .It causes relaxation of wall tissue of the blood vessels which makes the blood tissue flabby or stretched. This results in less supply of oxygen and nutrients to the tissues. Malnutrition can result from a diet deficient in calories, proteins, vitamin C, or almost any one of he B vitamins.
Severe loss of blood is also responsible for hypotension. Low blood pressure may also develop gradually because of slow bleeding in the gastrointestinal tract, kidneys, or bladder.
Emotional problems are also responsible for hypotension.
Dehydration also leads to hypotension
Some Endocrine disoders are also responsible for hypotension.
- In vata pitta vruddhi, kaphakshaya, ojakshaya ,bhramalaksanas are seen. Glani is seen in
- . The medicines we give are usna, tiksnavyavayi and rasayana in nature .whenprakrutakapha is stable, hypotension is very minimally seen, Hypotension is actually a rasaksayalaksana in Ayurveda.
- Many times dizziness, fainting are attributed to low BP.
- The following conditions should be kept in mind
- Over exposure to heat
- Undergoing diuretic treatment / Nitrates
- Over bleeding , sweating and Urination
- Abnormal heart rhythm- commonly atrial fibrillation.
- Immediately after heart attack
- Pulmonary embolism
- Some anti depressants
- In diabetes and parkinsonism where autonomic nervous system is involved.
- In the above said conditions, when pressure is low, brain gets affected.
- Blood con not reach the brain as it is against the gravity, hence one feels dizzy, and they may faint.
- When vital organ malfunction occurs due to low BP, it is termed as shock
- Lower the level of the head and raise the level of legs by keeping 2-3 pillows.
- Keep some pickle under the tongue.
- Sutshekhar Rasa with Mishri
- Siddha makaradvajam-
- Vayu gulika-
- Arjunaristam –
- Jatamansichurna with milk