It is time to take care of gynecological problems with the holistic system of Ayurveda
Gynecological problems have increased a lot among women of all ages recently. This is mainly due to wrong food and lifestyle habits. All medical sciences are trying to find a cure for these disorders. However, Ayurveda is by far the best system of medicine which does not just cure these problems but also works on preventing them in the first place.
Ayurveda aims at improving the health of the women by prescribing the right food and lifestyle along with herbal and mineral medicines. Ayurveda does not have a one size fits all approach and the treatment is customized according to the woman’s body type.
Common Gynecological Disorders
The common gynecological disorders are:
- Painful and irregular menstruation
- Vaginal itching
- White discharge
- Urinary infections
- Uterine cysts
There is a proper Ayurvedic treatment gynecology for all these problems.
According to Ayurveda any ailment or disorder occurring in the body is due to the imbalance in one or more of the three main doshas of the body. These three doshas are Vata, Pitta and Kapha. These three doshas in turn are governed by the five elements – earth, fire, water, air and space that the body is made of.
Ayurvedic Advice on Food and Lifestyle
The ailment in the body shows the symptoms depending on which of these doshas is vitiated. Hence a streamlined diet and lifestyle is required for the same as suggested by the experts in the industry:
- Ayurveda says that women need more energy than men especially during periods and this is why they should eat a well balanced diet.
- Ayurveda prescribes a natural and healthy diet which avoids junk food, processed foods, caffeinated drinks and advises to eat more of whole grains, fresh vegetable and fruits.
- It is also important to not skip meals.
- The fruits and vegetables are also decided based on the dosha that is vitiated. For example if there is aggravation of the kapha dosha, you should eat light foods and vegetables like broccoli, cabbage, carrots and garlic.
- Along with proper diet a good lifestyle which is neither too hectic nor sedentary is advised. It is also important to eat at the right time.
- You should get enough sleep.
- You should indulge in some yogic exercises or simple walking.
- It is also important to avoid stress, and if you cannot avoid it then learn and practice some stress busting yogic exercises and meditations.
Herbal Remedies According to Ayurveda
Ayurveda does not just use herbal and mineral medicine to cure the symptoms of the ailment, but instead it aims at strengthening the overall mental and physical health. The Ayurvedic remedies are safe and do not have any serious side effects.
- If you are suffering from painful periods then ginger, licorice root and saffron will alleviate the problem.
- On the other hand for more serious problems, like infertility herbal combinations made from ashwagandha, shatavari, triphala, guduchi etc. are used
- For the treatment of uterine fibroids there are herbal medicines like guggul, varuna, asoka and aloe vera.
- For the treatment of frigidity ashwagandha or banyan tree root powder with milk are very effective remedies.
Apart from these natural cure and remedies, the now well-known treatment of panchkarma is administered to the patient. This involves several therapies like:
- Swedanam – Sweating
- Virechana – Purgation
- Vaman – Induced vomiting
- Nasya – Nasal administration of medicines
Panchkarma not only helps in detoxification of the body, but also brings into balance the three main doshas of the body. When you talk about the best gynecologist hospitals in Nagpur, then Ayurvedic centers like Parijatak with the best gynecologist doctor in Nagpur with their expertise in Ayurveda makes it way to successful cure and course of treatment.