Kutajarishtam (Bhaishajya ratnavali)
- Root-skin of Holarrhena anti dysenterica (Kutaja)-4.8kg
- Flower of Madhuca indica (Madhuca)-480gm
- Root of gmelina arborea (Gambhari)-480gm
- Vitis vinifera(Draksha)-2.8kg
- Woodfordia ruticosa(Dhataki)-960gm
- Water-49.152 liter boiled and reduced to 21.288 liters
kashayam is prepared by using coarse powder of herbs and water.Boiled and reduced to 1/4th of quantity and then filtered.then dissolve guda in it .Again filtered it .Dhataki is added in it and kept closed in air tight container for fermentation for 1 month.After fermentation filtered it an used it.
Ref. Text book
Bhaishajyaratnavali, Adhyayam 7
- Arrests all kinds of acute fevers, sprue syndrome and ulcerative colitis. Helps to envigorate digestive system, diarrhea.
- It is used in the treatment of Crohnis disease ,haemorrhoies and dysentry.
- 25 to 30 ml. 3-4 times daily.
It should be taken in pregnancy and lactation period ,under doctor’s advice.