Did you Perform The Joint Examination by your clinic?
Basic principles of JOINT EXAMINATION By your Parijatak clinic? Let’s take a look.
- Patient’s Health History: Taking the history of the patient is very important. This is so because by looking at his history
- we know the exact cause of disease. This includes following points like-
- History of trauma or accident
- Previous history of osteoarthritis or Rheumatoid arthritis
- The family history of any disease
- Any congenital anomaly
- Personal history like smoking, alcoholism, tobacco chewing
- Nature of symptoms (Pain, instability, swelling)
- Duration of symptoms
- Any history of arthropathy like gout, rheumatoid etc.
- Any immunocompromised conditions like HIV, or diabetes
- Use of immunosuppressant drugs like steroids
- Exacerbation of arthritis, like a warm joint, reduced range of movement, afebrile etc.
- Look or Appearance: Look Examination contains the following criteria that are observed:
- Any Scars of surgery
- Any Deformity
- Swelling over joints
- Muscle wasting
- Skin changes erythema/psoriasis/eczema
- Bone/muscle contours
- Comparison to the unaffected side
- Redness of joints
- Feel: In this examination, the clinicians feel the physical or structural condition of your disorder:
- Joint temperature, whether it is warm or cold
- Bony prominences
- Area of tenderness along the joint margin
- Movement: The movement examination contains
- The range of joint movement
- Active and Passive condition
- Stress tests, which include valgus (abduction) and varus (adduction) tests; additionally, Cabot manoeuvre is a commonly used stress test.
- Special Tests related to Joints
- Knee Instability or the instability is with a direction (anterior, posterior, medial, lateral, rotatory)
- Slide Tests, in which the examiner slides the tibia, trying to subluxate it from the distal femur
- Pivot Shift (jerk) Tests to evaluate the rotatory instability of patients: this determines discomfort or frank pain with a shift or jerk of the knee joint, usually felt when squatting or changing direction
- External Rotation Tests that help to evaluate the posterolateral corner, the presence of any lesions in this region may cause instability.
These are some of the tests done to evaluate knee pain and its status.
Knee Pain Treatment at Parijatak Ayurveda
The experts at Parijatak Ayurveda take up and study the root cause of knee pain for every patient. Needless to mention that they are extremely dedicated doctors who recommend the right medicine only after thorough case study. Thereafter the Ayurvedic therapies are initiated to give the healing effect. Ayurveda is not just the application of herbal pastes, it is much more. Ayurvedic practices performed at Parijatak Ayurveda are traditional ways of knee pain treatment. Believe in Ayurveda and its natural methods of curing living beings.