Ischemic Heart Disease Treatment, Nagpur at Parijatak Ayurveda
The word ‘ischaemic’ implies reduced blood supply. Ischaemic heart disease means decrease in blood supply to the heart muscles. Coronary arteries are the main supplier of blood to the cardiac muscles. Ischemic heart disease is mainly caused by atherosclerosis or the deposition of cholesterol into arteries which leads to reduced blood supply to heart muscles caused by the narrowing of arteries. This results in the death of heart muscles, tissues resulting in heart failure or heart attack.
Ischemic Heart Disease- What Are the Consequences?
Heart is main organ of the circulatory system present in our body which supplies blood to all other organs. Any defect in heart immediately impairs the supply of oxygen to the vital organs of our body viz., kidney, liver, brain, leading to the death of tissues in that organ. This is followed by functional failure of that organ.
What Causes Ischemic Heart Disease?
- Lack of exercise
Symptoms of the Heart Disease
- Pain in chest, neck, arm and shoulder region
- Swelling of extremities
Treatment of Ischemia
Doctors usually prescribe the following medicines for ischemia heart disease:
- Beta blockers- like propranolol, atenolol, timolol
- Organic nitrates like isosorbide dinitrates, isosorbide mononitrates
- Calcium channel blockers like amlodipine, nifedipine
- Statins like Atorvastatin, Ruvuastatin
Prevention of Ischemic Heart Disease
- Healthy diet
- Regular exercise
- Abstinence from smoking
- Maintenance of body weight
- Yoga and meditation
Ayurvedic Perception of Ischemic Heart Disease
The heart is mulsthan of rasavah strotas; rasa dhatu is formed from the gastric juices. Vitiated rasa dhatu goes into the heart and causes blockages of small channels resulting in Ischemic Heart Disease. Rasa dhatu gets impaired by improper functioning of the digestive system (known as mandagni in Ayurveda) due to overindulgence in eating and stress.
The heart is also the site of sadhak pitta, the subdosha of Pitta that is linked with the processing of emotions. Sadhak pitta needs to be balanced for better emotional health. Avalmbaka kapha found in chest takes care of blood circulation and respiration. Prana vayu is responsible for Rasa – rakta sanhanam, which means blood circulation. Hence, when we talk about ischemic heart disease we have to think about all above dhatus.
Ayurvedic treatment of Ischemia provide:
- Restoration of digestion to prevent formation of amma i.e., toxins in body
- Cleansing of strotras or the channels
- Toning and strengthening of heart muscles
- Rejuvenation of tissues
- Relaxation of mind
Ayurvedic Medicines Recommended:
- Arjuna – It contains cardioprotective compounds, acts as an antioxidant and reduces cholesterol level.
- Punarnava – It acts as a diuretic, and minimizes fluid overload on heart.
- Cardamom– Also called dalchini, it acts as a vasodilator. It dilates blood vessels for good circulation, and reduces blood cholesterol level.
- Ashwagandha – It has anti-inflammatory and antitumor properties. Ashwagandha provides strength to heart muscles and promotes its good health.
- Shankhapushpi – It has antioxidant properties. It relieves mental stress and tension.
- Rason – It prevents oxidation of LDL cholesterol and inhibits liver from producing excess fat and cholesterol.
Parijatak Ayurveda- the Ayurvedic Centre for IHD Treatment
With an excellent team of healthcare experts, Parijatak Ayurveda provides natural remedies for ischemic heart disease which have no side effects. While the natural remedies are prepared from herbal extracts, they recommend strict diet plan and other important things that need to be taken care of. Talk to the experts to get a healthy solution for heart care.