Ischaemic means reduce blood supply. Ischaemic heart disease means to reduce blood supply to heart muscles. Coronary arteries are the main supplier of blood to heart muscles. Mainly ischemic heart disease is caused by aero sclerosis means deposition of cholesterol into arteries leads to reduce blood supply to heart muscles causes narrowing of arteries. results in the death of heart muscles, tissues resulting in heart failure or heart attack.
We know that heart is main organ present in the body who only one supply of blood to all other organs. any defect in heart immediately affects the supply of oxygen to vital organs like kidney, liver, brain, leads to the death of tissue in that organ and then after the failure of that organ.
- Hereditary factors
- Lack of exercise
- Pain in chest, neck, arm and shoulder region
- Swelling of extremities
- Beta blockers- like propranolol, atenolol, timolol
- Organic nitrates like isosorbide dinitrates isosorbide mononitrates
- Calcium channel blockers like amlodipine, nifedipine
- Statins like Atorvastatin, Ruvuastatin
- Healthy diet
- Regular exercise
- Avoid Smoking
- Maintainance of weight
- Yoga and meditation
The heart is mulsthan of rasavah strotas rasa dhatu is formed from gastric juice. Vitiated rasa dhatu go into the heart and leads to blockages of small channels result in IHD.
Rasa dhatu is vitiated by mandagni, improper digestion, overeating and mental stress and tension.
The heart is also the site of sadhatc pitta sadhak pitta is responsible for knowledge intelligence and self-consciousness. Avalmbaka kapha also sited in chest is responsible for intake strength and by the power of essence of food. It provides nourishment and lubrication of tissues.
Prana vayu is responsible for Rasa – rakta sanhanam means blood circulation. Hence when we thought about heart disease we all first think about all above dhatus also.
- Ayurvedic treatment provide restoring of digestion to prevent formation of amma i.e toxins in body
- Cleansing of strotras channels
- Toning and strengthening of heart muscles
- Nourishment of tissues and cells of rejuvenation
- Relaxation of mind
Ayurvedic medicines recommended are
- Arjuna – It has many cardio vascular properties, antioxidant and reduces cholestrol level.
- Punarnava – It acts as a diuretic . it reduces swelling and fluid overload of heart.
- Dalchini- It acts as vasodilator it also reduces cholesterol level.
- Ashwagandha – It has anti-inflammatory and anti tumor property. Ashwagandha provides strength to heart muscles and promotes the health of the heart.
- Shankhapushpi – It relieves stress and tension. It has antioxidant properties.
- Rason – Prevents oxidation of LDL cholesterol and liver from producing excess fat and cholesterol.