Hydro nephrosis And Ayurveda
- Distention of kidney with urine by back pressure changes when the urine flow is obstructed.
- In this condition the urine collecting system of kidney is dilated.
- Structural abnormalities
- Obstruction in ureter
- Tumours of kidney or urinary bladder
- Birth defect
- Swollen kidney
- Reduced urine output.
- Unilateral hydronephrosis may occur without any symptoms, while acute obstruction can cause intense pain.
- Upper urinary tract obstruction is characterized by pain in the flank, often radiating to either the abdomen or the groin.
- When the obstruction is chronic, renal failure may also be present.
- If the obstruction is chronic, renal failure may also e present.
- If the obstruction is complete an enlarged kidney is often palpable on examination.
- Blood test can show raised creatinine and electrolyte imbalance.
- Urine analysis may show an elevated pH due to the secondary destruction of nephrons within the affected kidney.
- Left untreated, bilateral obstruction has a poor prognosis.
Line Of Treatment-
- Mutrala dravya are not needed.
- mutraghata cikitsa, srotavaroda, udavarta cikitsa,
- Kapha vatahara, usna, anulomana, lekhana medicines should be adopted.
- Varunadi kasayam
- Ciravilvadi kasayam
- Hinguvacadi curnam
- Candraprabha vati
- NEERI tablet
- Siva gulika
- Gudardraka prayogam
- Pippalyadi anuvasanam (75 ml to 250 ml)
- Katvara taila gomtra vasti [Tila, tailam, gomutra, dadimanda and amla kanji -4 prastra (400 ml), kalkam ; Sarsapa]