What is Fecal Incontinence?
Fecal incontinence is the inability to control bowel movements. It causes stool (feces) to leak unexpectedly from the rectum. It is also called bowel or anal incontinence, and the disorder can range from occasional leakage of a small number of feces while passing gas to a complete loss over bowel movements.
In other words, fecal incontinence causes involuntary loss of bowel contents.
Fecal incontinence is one of the most embarrassing and debilitating disorders. Nowadays, it commonly affects about 27% of the population. It generally occurs in old age.
What are the Causes of Fecal Incontinence?
The main problem of fecal incontinence is an involuntary discharge of stool and gases.
This involves numerous anatomic and physiologic factors. They may be due to sphincter dysfunction, anorectal sensation, colonic transit, stool consistency, and neurologic as well as cognitive elements. Disruption of any number of the above can predispose a patient to incontinence.
We can enumerate the causes as follows:
- Injury to sphincter
- Nerve injury
- Surgical trauma
- The chronic case of constipation or diarrhea
- Rectal prolapse
- Ulcerative colitis
- Age of the person
- Muscle or tissue atrophy
What are the Symptoms?
- The patient may be unable to resist the urge to defecate
- Unaware of the need of the passing stool
- Gas and bloating
What are the Basic Remedies for Fecal Incontinence Treatment and Management?
- Diet and exercise : –
- Avoid Vatakarhar like dry food items and bakery products
- Avoid fermented food items and bakery products
- Avoid milk products also
- Eat a fresh and hot meal
- Eat light food like daliya and suji
- Avoid heavy, oily and spicy food
- Drink plenty of water if there is constipation.
- A regular walk is recommended.
How to Manage Bowel Incontinence With Ayurveda?
Ayurveda has some valuable remedies for curing fecal incontinence. If you take to Ayurvedic methods, you will surely come to know how to manage bowel incontinence without any side-effects.
We recommend muladhar bandh exercise. Asanas like pavanmuktasana, naukasanasa, vajrasana are quite effective for fecal incontinence.
Besides, there are other therapies:
- Medicines like Bilvavaleha,kutajarishta, dashamooljiraka, swarna, shankhavati, sutshekharar, rasapachakayoga, sanjivanivati, sunthighan, haritaki ghana etc. are good for improving the digestive system.
- For vitiation of Vata dosha, Bruhatvatachintamanirasa, vatagajankushrasa, vatachintamani rasa are recommended.
- Panchkarma like Basti-Anuvasana and Niruha are recommended by experts for removing vitiated vata.
- Virechana also helps in balancing the digestive fire.
Why Should You Trust Parijatak Ayurveda for Fecal Incontinence Treatment?
Ayurveda is the gift of nature and Parijatak’s experts have made the best use of nature’s resources for the benefit of mankind. The completely natural medicinal formulations have cent percent benefits. Parijatak Ayurveda is well known for its fully equipped healthcare centers and experienced Ayurveda specialists in India – all of which make a great combination to fight any disorder with Ayurvedic medication courses.
Whether it is a chronic disease or something that has developed recently, the disorder should not be neglected. Avail the best herbal treatment for fecal incontinence here. You will get the best medical advice and best remedies which have absolutely nil negative side effects on your health. With proper Ayurvedic medication and therapeutic procedures, find the way to easy bowel movement. At Parijatak, get the perfect medical help.