Get Ayurvedic Medicine for Fatty Liver
Fatty liver disease means a person has extra fat in your liver. Since liver is the main organ responsible for metabolism of food and liquid, and prevent the entry of harmful substances from the blood it plays an important role in fatty acid oxidation. If there is too much saturation of fat in liver then it interrupts the function of liver which can lead to a severe disease called cirrhosis.
The liver can repair itself by rebuilding new cells when the old ones are damaged. However, due to saturation of fat hampers the process of rebuilding of liver cells also hampered which cause damage of liver. Liver cirrhosis treatment in Ayurveda makes use of herbal formulations which are quite effective.
In many cases, fatty liver has no symptoms initially. But, gradually it can show up with its disastrous effect.
Symptoms of Fatty Liver
At initial stages, the symptoms observed are:
- Loss of appetite
- Severe acidity
- Weight loss
- Pain in abdomen
- Physical weakness
In progressive stage the symptoms are:
- An enlarged, fluid-filled abdomen
- Jaundiceof the skin and yellowing of the eyes
- A tendency to bleed more easily
Causes of Fatty Liver
- Intake of high protein diet
- High cholesterol level
- Diabetes mellitus
- Genetic inheritance
- Rapid weight loss
- Certain medicines like aspirin, steroid, tetracycline
Types of Fatty Liver
- Non-alcoholic fatty Liver: NAFLD has a tendency to run in families
NAFLD mostly occurs in people who are middle aged and are overweight to obese. These people often have high cholesterol and diabetes.
- Alcoholic fatty liver: It occurs in alcohol addicted persons.
Fatty Liver Treatment in Ayurveda
This is one of the best treatment for fatty liver. It helps to cleanse the body and remove toxic materials from the body, when our innate ability fails to do so. It includes the following processes:
- Udwarthana– Medicated powder, pastes are used to massage in the reverse direction of the hairs
- Vamana– Therapeutic emesis
- Virechana – Therapeutic purgation which improves functioning of liver.
- Vasti (Teekshna Kashaya Vasti)– Enema by teekshan dravya helps reduce fat
- Lekhana Vasti – Enema by lekhana dravyas scraps off accumulated fat in the body
- Raktamoshan– It detoxifies the impure blood and improves the circulation.
Fatty Liver Care
Ayurveda recommends several medicines prepared from herbs as effective remedies for fatty liver. Ayurvedic medicines for fatty liver are:
- Triphala Kashaya with Honey
- Guduchi Churna (powder of Tinospora cordifolia) + Musta Churna (Powder of Cyperus rotundus) with honey
- Bhumyamlki churna+Katuki churna+Punarnava churna decoction
- Triphala churna
- Takrarishta (fermented medicated buttermilk)
Herbal Medicines for Fatty Liver
They can be enlisted as the herbs beneficial for liver:
- Bhumyamalaki – Phyllanthus niruri
- Amalaki – Emblica officinalis
- Sharapunka – Tephrosia purpurea
- Katuki – Picrorrhiza kurroa
- Punarnava – Boerhavia diffusa
- Kakamachi – Solanum nigrum
- Kalamegha – Andrographis paniculata
- Loha – Iron
- Ghritakumari – Aloe vera
- Guduchi – Tinospora cordifolia
- Yashtimadhu Licorice– Glycyrrhiza glabra
- Haridra – Curcuma longa
- Bhringaraja – Eclipta alba
- Vasa – Adhatoda vasica
- Kiratatikta – Swertia chirayata
- Daruharidra – Berberis aristata, etc.
Best Treatment for Fatty Liver at Nagpur
Parijatak Ayurveda is one of the best Ayurvedic centres in India offering fatty liver care with herbal medicines. The experts aim to provide the best medicine to the patients. Ayurvedic medicines induce no side effects and are safe. With Ayurveda you can cure fatty liver in the best way.