Our Aim is to not only manage Diabetes i.e the sugar level but also to keep patients away from the future complications.
- Lifestyle Management
- Diet Councelling
- Herbal Medicines
- Stress Management
What is Prameha?
- Acharya Vagbhatta describes Prameha as frequent and copious urine with turbidity; i.e.Prabhutavil Mutrata.
- Madhumeha is a clinical entity in which patient passes a large quantity of urine similar to Madhu having kashaya & Madhura taste, Ruksha texture & Honey like the color and thus body attains sweetness.
What is DM?
- Diabetes mellitus is a group of metabolic disease characterized by hyperglycemia resulting from defects in insulin secretion, insulin action or both. The chronic hyperglycemia of diabetes is associated with long-term damage, dysfunction, and failure of various organs, especially the eyes, kidneys, nerves, heart, and blood vessels.
Classification of DM
- Type 1 diabetes (beta -cell destruction, usually leading to absolute insulin deficiency.)
- Type 2 diabetes (may range from predominantly insulin resistance with relative insulin deficiency to a predominantly secretory defect with insulin resistance.
- Other specific Types:
CRITERIA FOR DIAGNOSIS
The revised criteria for diagnosis according to American Diabetes association is as under
(1)Symptoms of diabetes plus casual plasma glucose concentration >200 mg/dl (11.1 mmol/l), Casual is defined as any time of day without regard to time since last meal.
(2) F PG >126 mg/dl (7.0 mmol/l). Fasting is defined as no caloric intake for at least 8hrs.
(3) 2-h PG>200 mg/dl or (11.1 mmol/l) during an OGTT. The test should be performed using a glucose load containing the equivalent 75g anhydrous glucose dissolved in water.
- Blood Glucose Tests:
- Tolerance Tests
- Urine Glucose Tests
- Insulin Tests
- Insulin Sensitivity Test
- Other complimentary Tests :
- Glycated Serum Protein (GSP)
AETIOPATHOGENESIS: TYPE 2 DIABETES MELLITUS
- Genetic Factors
- Mitochondrial mutations
- Insulin gene
- Insulin receptors
- Clinical phenotypes
- Metabolic abnormalities – Insulin resistance
- Impaired Insulin Secretion
- Increased Hepatic Glucose Production
- Elevated Serum Ferritin Concentrations
- Endothelial dysfunction
- Environmental Factors
- Weight loss or weight gain
- increase frequency of urination
- increase thirst
- excessive sweating
- excessive hunger
The Following Ayurvedic Treatments Helps to the Diabetic patient to relief them from Diabetes.
Abhyangam -> useful in relieving stress, relaxing muscles and all of which results in sense of all well-being. This helps to improve circulation which furthers causes increase in glucose absorption and amount of insulin required for impaired glucose level also decreased.
Swedan -> Is to balance the doshas, sweda or medicated herbal steam opens pores and flushes and cleanses the system through skin and toxins are excreted through sweat.
Basti -> Elimination of toxins from the body through the rectum.
Virechana -> Removes toxins from the body which are accumulated in liver and gall bladder
- Eliminate hyperglycemia
- Reduce or Eliminate complications
- Achieve normal lifestyle
- Reduction in weight loss which helps in sugar control
- Increase activity of beta cells of pancreases to secret proper amount of insulin
- Enhancement of liver metabolism
- Maintained Cholesterol Level