Learn the Best Ayurvedic Treatment for Depression and Anxiety
Depression is an emotional disorder with a constant sense of hopelessness and despair. The condition strikes millions of people across the globe due to various factors including death of loved one, failed relationships, work stress, financial loss, chronic illness and many pther similar reasons.
Some of the known symptoms of depression are:
- Loss of energy
- Feeling hopeless and worthlessness
- Impaired mental alertness
- Reduced interest in daily activities of life
- Recurring attempts of suicide
- Excessive eating or significant weight loss
According to Ayurveda, heart is an indispensable part of the human body comprised of Para Ojas that controls all the mental and emotional activities. When the Ojas in the heart takes a fall down, the symptoms of depression and various other emotional disorders comes to a rise. It also reduces the biological fire within the body, also known as ‘Sadhaka Agni’ in Ayurveda that is responsible for processing emotions and provoking the emotional activities of the heart. This agni or fire in the body is increased by the consumption of ‘Saatvik Bhojan’ comprising of organic fruits, fresh vegetables, dairy products, plant based oils, and lentils.
In response to this unhealthy state of mind, many natural and herbal cure for depression have proved to be helpful in coping up with the symptoms and reducing its impact on human life.
- Pumpkin Seeds: The seeds contain magnesium, fats and L-tryptophan that together work to lighten mood and soothe all tensed nerves of human body.
- Vitamin B Diet: A diet rich in Vitamin B like whole grains and green leafy vegetables is believed to have an amazing impact on the mental and emotional health of a person.
- Avoid Tea and Coffee: A person suffering from depression and anxiety should certainly avoid consumption of tea and coffee, as these condiments are known to trigger the depressed state of mind and create an imbalance between mind and body.
- Brazil Nuts: This nut contains a trace mineral known as selenium that works to ease down the symptoms of depression.
- Swedanam: Helps flush out all the toxins and infectious substances from the body while relaxing the mind through medicated steam bath.
- Rasayanas: Helps improve the functioning of the brain and heart through natural treatment of rejuvenation.
- Shirodhara: This is the most popular Ayurvedic treatment for depression with the use of medicated oil. It helps induce a relaxed state of mind and increases the concentration while creating an optimal emotional balance.
Parijatak is the best depression treatment centers in India that offers the best Ayurvedic herbs for depression in addition to the Ayurvedic therapies. The team here is a vast pool of well-trained nurses, Ayurvedic specialists, doctors and care takers who are expert in their respective fields and use the best therapies to treat depression, anxiety and various other emotional conditions in the most effective and safe manner.