The quick way to Solve A Problem with Backache Ayurveda Treatment
A backache is most commonly seen in people of all stages of life- from old to young, including children. The reason behind that back pain is our sedentary lifestyle and improper diet. Stress is also a factor that elevates Backache and Ayurveda Dealing with Backache with Herbal Remedies. Several factors like heavy weight lifting, pushing heavy objects or wrong sitting posture also gives rise to back pain. It is a symptom and not a disease, the cause of which lies elsewhere in the body and must be treated without delay.
Lower back pain may be associated any abnormality of the lumbar spine, or discs between the vertebrae, in ligaments around the spine and discs, spinal cord and nerves, lower back muscles, abdomen and internal organs present in that reason like kidney etc.
While upper back pain may be related to the disorders of the aorta, tumors in the chest, and spine inflammation.
Symptoms of Backache
Persistent back pain for more than 2 weeks like:
- The high intensity of back pain
- Difficulty in bending (forward and backward) or restricted back movement
- The simple movement of back leading to severe pain
- The relief felt by gentle massage
- Heaviness or stiffness in back
- Occasional fever
- Unexplained weight loss
- Numbness or a tingling in legs
- Loss of bladder or bowel control
- Sleep disturbance due to Backache pain
Root Causes of Backache
Causes of back pain have been cited as:
- Dislocation of vertebrae
- Muscular spasm of back muscle
- Sedentary lifestyle
- Rheumatoid or ankylosing spondylitis
- Curvature of spine
- Presence of tumors in the spine
- Some chronic infection
- Injury to spine
- Poor circulation of blood
- Psychological upsets
- Narrowing of the spinal canal
- Loss of nerve function at the lower spinal cord (cauda equine syndrome)
Ayurvedic Perception of Backache
In Ayurveda, it is known as Nitambha shoola or Kati shoola,Trikashool or Katigraha.
It occurs due to asthi dhatu kshaya and mamsa dhatu kshaya.
Pain is the main symptom of Vata dosha. Vataprakopak ahar-vihar like overeating of astringent, pungent , dry foods, stress, worries etc. leads to vitiation of vata dosha. This vitiated vata doshas causing vitiation of other doshas and dusyas in body,which goes to back through the blood causing Katishool.
- Vata dosha pradhan –Dry food items intake, katu-tikta ahar,worries,stress can lead to this problem. The pain is variable, migrating, throbbing and intense in nature. Cold wind and cold condition aggravates the pain
- Pitta dosha pradhan –Excessive anger, shock, inflammation can lead to this problem. The pain is steady burning, lancing, intense in nature. Hot weather and hot conditions can aggravate the pain.
- Kapha dosha – lack of exercise, being overweight, eating heavy oily food, sleeping in the daytime, constipation can lead to this problem. The pain is steady, dull, pinching, deep and/or diffused in nature. The cold will tend to aggravate the pain and warmth will help relieve it.
Ayurvedic Treatment of Back Ache
- Spine massage -Massage of the back done in a special manner by therapist by using medicated oil.
- Katiswedan -Nadisweda by dashmool kwath is very effective.Lavan sweda also gives a fantastic result in back pain.
- Kati Basti –A pool like structure is made with black gram floor at back region. then pouring of warm oil is done for the particular period of time, Before that local massage of the back is done. When cool, the oil is soaked up using cotton gauze and the process is repeated several times. For this purpose oils like mahanarayana, dhanwantaram, Bala etc. can be used.
Ayurvedic Medicines for Back Ache
The ayurvedic formulation is prepared from the following herbs:
- Mahayograj Guggulu
- Rasnadi guggul
- Kaishor guggul
- Vatgajankush Ras
- Bruhat vata Chintamani Rasa
- Lakshadi Guggulu
- Triphala Guggulu
- Punarnava Mandur
- Rasnapanchak kwath
Back Ache Treatment at Parijatak Ayurveda
Getting Ayurvedic treatment for a backache is a natural way of curing that persisting problem without any invasive methods or modern medicines or painkillers. Painkillers are not prescribed for long-term back pain; even doctors avoid prescribing such drugs that have side effects. Get Ayurvedic treatment for the cure of back pain. Trust Parijatak Ayurveda and go for the natural way of healing.