Ayurvedic Treatment For Kidney Stone India
Kidney stones are small masses of salts and minerals that form inside the kidneys and may travel down the urinary tract. Kidney stones range in size from just a speck to as large as a ping pong ball. Signs and symptoms of kidney stones include blood in the urine, and pain in the abdomen, groin, or flank. About 5% of people develop a kidney stone in their lifetime.
What Causes Kidney Stone:
The kidneys regulate levels of fluid, minerals, salts, and other substances in the body. When the balance of these compounds changes, kidney stones may form. There are four types of kidney stones, each made of different substances. Uric acid and cystine are two compounds that may comprise kidney stones. Factors known to increase the risk of kidney stones include dehydration, family history, genetics, and the presence of certain medical conditions. Having one or more family members with a history of kidney stones increases the risk of the condition.
The rate of people who develop kidney stones is increasing in the U.S. The reasons for the trend are unknown. The prevalence of kidney stones was 3.8% in the late 1970s. In the late 1980s and early 1990s, the number rose to 5.2%. Caucasian ethnicity and male gender are associated with higher rates of kidney stones. Men tend to develop kidney stones in their 40s through 70s; rates increase with age. Women are most likely to experience kidney stones in their 50s. A person who has suffered from one kidney stone is likely to develop others.
Symptoms Of Kidney Stone:
Many kidney stones are painless until they travel from the kidney, down the ureter, and into the bladder. Depending on the size of the stone, movement of the stone through the urinary tract can cause severe pain with sudden onset. People who have kidney stones often describe the pain as excruciating. The lower back, abdomen, and sides are frequent sites of pain and cramping. Those who have kidney stones may see blood in their urine. Fever and chills are present when there is an infection. Seek prompt medical treatment in the event of these symptoms.
Ayurvedic Treatment For Kidney Stone India
According to Ayurveda India, improper diet and lifestyle lead to aggravation of all three doshas (Ayurvedic humor) and impairment of the digestive fire, causing the formation of toxins (ama) in the body. These toxins travel down the channels carrying urine, where aggravated doshas combine with it, causing its crystallization and leading to the formation of kidney stones.
Ayurvedic Treatment of Kidney Stones involves the use of diuretic and stone-dissolving herbs in acute cases. The system is then cleaned and strengthened using toning and rejuvenating preparations. Panchakarma therapy is a very effective means of cleansing the body internally in order to help it regain strength.
Lifestyle and Diet Advice
- Avoid tea, coffee, alcohol, cold drinks, pickles, fish, poultry, meat, spinach, and chocolate.
- Avoid sour, heavy, and dry food.
- Increase intake of liquids like water, juice, soup, lime water, etc.
- Be sure to drink enough water each day. Usually 1 to 2 liters of water per day is adequate.
- Drink more if you are perspiring heavily, working outdoors, the weather is hot, etc.
- Increase the use of barley, horse gram (a type of bean), ginger, and brown rice or parboiled rice.
- Avoid suppressing urges to urinate and defecate.
- Make a powdered preparation of equal quantities of the bark of three-leaved caper tree (varun), puncture pine (gokhru), thatch grass (kas) and horse gram (kulthi). Have 1 teaspoon of this powder 3-4 times a day with water. This is one of the best home remedies for kidney stones.
- Soak 2 teaspoon of radish seeds in a glass of water, boil and reduce it to half. Strain and drink 1/2 cup of it twice a day to assist in dissolving kidney stones.
- Take 60 grams of kidney beans. Crush these. Boil slowly for four hours in four litres of water. This liquid should be strained through fine muslin and then allowed to cool for about eight hours. Then, pour the liquid through another piece of muslin, without stirring. Drink this liquid once daily.
- Boil 10-12 basil leaves in 1 cup of water for 15 minutes. Mix 1 teaspoon of honey in it and take twice a day.