Parijatak Ayurveda- Treating Achilles Tendonitis with Care
When you feel mild or moderate and feel like a burning pain or stiffness in the muscle that stretches from the bones of your heel to your calf muscles, you may ignore the pain initially. But this can be Achilles Tendonitis and may become severe if ignored for long. Seek medical attention as early as possible. You may go for the expert opinion at Parijatak Ayurveda, one of the best Ayurvedic treatment for Achilles Tendonitis at Central India.
What is Achilles Tendonitis?
Achilles tendinitis is an injury in the Achilles tendon of your leg, due to its overuse or over exertion. Achilles tendon is the band of tissue that connects your calf muscles at the back of the lower leg to the heel bone. The Achilles tendon is the largest tendon in your body. It stretches from the bones of your heel to your calf muscles. You can feel it as a springy band of tissue at the back of your ankle and above your heel. It lets you point your toes toward the floor. The injury can happen to anyone, whether you’re an athlete or just going about your everyday life. But if it’s severe, it may mean that your Achilles tendon is partly torn or completely ruptured.
Seeking Ayurvedic Achilles Tendonitis Treatment Center, Nagpur India can be a good option if you want to have Ayurvedic care.
What Causes Achilles Tendonitis?
Causes that lead to an Achilles tendon injury are as follows:
- Overdoing a physical activity.
- Boosting your physical activity level too quickly.
- Wearing high-heeled footwear, which can stress the tendon.
- Being “flat footed” or having fallen arches of foot, which you can see when the impact your step causes the arch of your foot to collapse, stretching the muscles and tendons.
- Having leg muscles or tendons too tight.
- Having medicines called glucocorticoids, or antibiotics called fluoroquinolones.
Achilles tendon injuries are common in people who do things where you quickly speed up, slow down, or pivot, such as:
Achilles tendon injuries tend to happen when you start moving suddenly, as you push off and lift your foot, rather than when you land. For instance, a sprinter might get one at the start of a race, as he surges off of the starting block. The abrupt action can be too much for the tendon to handle. Men older than age 30 are particularly prone to Achilles tendon injuries.
What are the Symptoms?
The most obvious one is pain above your heel, especially when you stretch your ankle or stand on your toes. It may be mild and get better or worse over time. If the tendon ruptures, the pain is instant and severe.
- The area may also feel tender, swollen, and stiff.
- If your Achilles tendon tears, you may hear a snapping or popping noise when it happens, along with bruising and swelling.
- You may have trouble pointing your toes if the tendon tears completely.
What is the Ayurvedic Treatment?
Ayurvedic therapies For Achilles Tendonitis includes the following:
- Kapha Haram
- Vrana Haram
- Sopha Haram
Ayurvedic medicinal formulation for Achilles Tendonitis are:
- Guggulu Tikta Ghrita: Guggulu Tikta Ghrita (Guggulutiktaka Ghritam) is an Ayurvedic formula used in treating inflammatory conditions of skin, joints, and bones. It is in herbal ghee form. It is also available in Kashayam (Herbal Decoction) form. The ingredients are Neem, Patola, Vyaghri / Kantakari , Guduchi ,Vasaka, Shuddha Guggulu , mukul, Ghrita (Ghee), Patha, Vidanga, Suradaru, Gajopakulya, Yavakshara, Sarjikshara, Nagara, Nisha , Mishreya, Chavya, Kushta, Tejovati, Maricha, Vatsaka, Deepyaka, Agni, Rohini, Arushkara, anacardium, Vacha, Kanamoola root, Yukta, Manjishta, Ativisha, Vishani, Yavani etc. Recommended dosage is 10 ml with milk at night.
- Triphala Guggul: Triphala Guggul is a very famous Ayurvedic medicine in tablet form. It is also known as Triphala Guggulu tablets, Triphala Gulgulu etc. This tablet has Guggulu (commiphora mukul) as its base. It is widely used in the Ayurvedic treatment for weight loss. It contains Haritaki, Vibhitaki, Amalaki, Krishna and Guggulu (Purified Commiphora mukul). All the above ingredients are pounded with guggulu and rolled into pills of uniform size of 500 mg. Dosage of 2 tablets two times a day is recommended with Kasaya-vrana ropana property.
- Argvadadi Kasayam: This is given 60ml two times a day before food.
- Trphala Kasaya Ksalanam: This is recommended for external application.
Ayurvedic Cure at Parijatak Ayurveda
Parijatak Ayurveda offers best healthcare solutions for all ailments. Achilles tendonitis is a painful problem of the legs and must be attended with proper care without delay. With Ayurvedic remedies for Achilles Tendonitis at hand, Parijatak can be your best pain reliever. Trust Ayurveda for healing the pain.