Connect with Parijatak for Perfect Ayurvedic Tips for the Treatment of Chronic Insomnia India
Chronic insomnia is a sleep disorder in which the people with this condition find it difficult to fall asleep or stay asleep or both. In fact, the individuals who suffer from insomnia do not feel refreshed often when they wake up.
Insomnia is quite a common sleeping disorder found among the adults. In fact, one-third of the total population reports of having difficulty in sleeping at some point in their lives. However, the symptoms of only 10-15 per cent among them are severe enough to be termed chronic insomnia in the medical terms.
If one or both of the following two conditions hold true for you, then you might also be suffering from insomnia:
- Having sleeping difficulties for at least 3 nights in a week continuously over a period of two to three months
- Having sleeping problems that cause major functional difficulties and stress in your life
Causes of Chronic Insomnia
Insomnia is more common among the women as compared to the men and there could be any reason for the condition depending on the type of difficulty that a person experiences in sleeping. Temporary insomnia could be because of stress, change in sleeping habits or time zone or traumatic event.
Chronic insomnia, which lasts up to a minimum of 3 months, could be because of any other condition or combination of certain medical conditions. This includes:
- Medical conditions like severe back pain and arthritis
- Psychological problems like depression and anxiety
- Substance use
Symptoms of Chronic Insomnia
The people who suffer from the condition of chronic insomnia complain of at least one of the following symptoms:
- Trouble in falling or staying asleep
- Waking up too early in the morning without the need for any alarm or other things
- Not feeling fresh or energetic after waking up in the morning
- These symptoms can result in some other symptoms like:
- Frequent change in mood
Ashwagandha:- One of the best-known herbs in the history of Ayurveda, ashwagandha is used widely for its revitalizing, sedative and adaptogenic effects. It is the very good natural sleeping aid, particularly if the sleeplessness is caused by psychological conditions like stress, depression or anxiety.
Brahmi:- Having adaptogenic properties and brain function boosting effects, this herb is really useful is promoting relaxation for the brain nerves. It can help an individual to improve the quality of sleep through the modulating effect that it leaves on the brain stress hormones.
Chamomile:- Widely adapted and used as a tea or in the herbal oils, chamomile has soothing effects on the stressful nerves of the brain. Its fragrance is believed to make an individual feel relaxed from any kind of psychological problem including depression and anxiety.
- Have a proper sleeping routine and avoid sleeping too late.
- Avoid eating dinner or anything heavy for at least 3 hours before your sleep time.
- Avoid using a mobile phone, playing video games or watching TV right before going to sleep.
- Take a hot water shower or a glass of hot milk at night as it relaxes the mind.
- Avoid exercising in the evening. Do it in the morning hours.
Come to Parijatak Ayurveda for the best Ayurvedic stress cure with all natural remedies chronic insomnia India and other emotional disorders.