Atonic bladder And Ayurveda
- A large dilated urinary bladder that does not empty, usually due to disturbance of innervations or chronic obstruction.
- It occurs due to a nerve signaling problem that may occur after a stroke, spinal injury, or tumor. This condition causes the bladder to be in one of three states: flaccid, spastic, or a mix of the two.
- Flaccid –bladder unble to contract, which causes urinary overflow.
- Spastic – involuntary contractions of bladder which causes produces feelings of wanting to urinate despite not having a full bladder.
- Mixed refers to having a combination of both flaccid and spastic bladder.
- Atonic bladder often requires catherterisation due to loss of urine control.
- Birth defects like spina bifida, which occurs when the fetus’s spine does not completely develop during early pregnancy.
- Spine surgery
- Parkinson’s disease
- Multiple sclerosis
- Central nervous system tumors
- Heavy metal poisoning
- Trauma due to accidents
- Spinal cord injuries
- Erectile dysfunction
- Diabetes mellitus
- Obstruction of urinary tract
- Bladder prostate
- Skin occupying lesion (SQL)
- Dilated bladder leading to overflow leakage and damage to the bladder walls.
- UTI because of urine pooling and bacterical growth in the atonic bladder.
- Sometimes bladder become overactive or sometime underactive,
- Retension of urine (in some cases)
- Dribbling micturation
- Other signs like back weakness, elbow cramps or weakness, wrist weakness, retention of urine, and emotional symptoms.
- Here vatakaphaharam usnaviryam srotosodanam and gulma cikitsa should be done.
- Dashmool Ghan
- Sapthasaram kasayam –.
- Ciravilvadi kasayam –
- Varanadi kasayam –
- Virataradi kasayam –
- Citraka granrtiyadi kasayam –
- Vatyadi kasayam –
- Hinguvacadi curnam
- Hutabhukadi curnam
- Vaisvanara curnam –
- Dhanvantara gulika (muhur – muhur ) after food.
- Candraprabha vati –
- Siva gulika
- Danti haritaki
Ghrtam (Avapidaka snehapanam)
- Dhanvantara ghrtam
- Vastyamayanthaka ghrtam
- Trikanartaka ghrtam
- Abhraka bhasmam – 25 mg to 400 mg with milk morning and night after food.
- Kanmadha bhasmam – 200 to 500 mg with trphala kasayam morning and night after food.
- Picu-Done with Dhanvantaram tailam around naval area.
- Sneha vasti
- Pippalyadi anuvasana vasti 75 ml noon after food.
- Kashaya basti-Mutrasangrahniya dravya and mutravirajaniya drava