ABOUT ALOPECIA AREATA
Hair loss (alopecia areata) can affect just the scalp or the entire body .it can be the result of heredity, certain medications or an underlying medical condition. anyone men, women, and children-can experience hair loss .
Signs and symptoms of hair loss may include
- Gradual thinkingon top of head .This is the most common type of hair loss, affecting both men and women in men, hair aften begins to recede from the forehead in a line that resembles the letter M. Wommen typically retain a line of hair at the forehead but experience abroadening of the partin their hair.
- Circular or patchy bold spots .some peoleexpirence smooth bold sports, often about an inch (2.6 centimeters )across .this type of hair loss usually affects just the scalp but it sometimes also occurs in beards or eyebrows .in some cause, the skin may become itchy or painful before the hair falla out.
- Sudden loosening of hair . A physical or emotional shock can causes hair lossen . Handfuls of hair may come out when combing or washing the hair or even after gentle tugging. This type of hair loss of hair usually causes overall hair thinning and and not bold patches.
- Full body hair loss .Some conditions and medical treatments, such as chemotherapy for cancer, can result in the loss for all over the body . The hair usually grow back after treatment end.
TYPE OF ALOPECIA AREATA
There are three types of Alopecia Areata, Alopeciaareatatotails, and Alopecia Areatauniversalis.
- Alopecia areata is the most common variation of the autoimmune disease itself as round, smooth patches of various sizes.
- Alopecia areatatotails itself as total loss of hair on the scalp.
- Alopecia areatauniversalis the rarest form of alopecia areata and presents itself as loss of hair over the entire scalp and body.
- In all from of alo, the hair follicles remain alive and are ready to resume normal hair production whenever they receive the appropriate signal .in all cases, hair growth may occur even without treatment and even after many years.
AYURVEDIC TREATMENT FOR ALOPECIA AREATA
1.Lakshanam for removing the Srotorodham caused by kapha ,
2.Raktaprasadanacikitsa to regulate blood flow.
3.Kesyam for hair growth,krimignacikitsa
Ayurvedic Medicines For Alopecia Areata
Triphala actually means three fruits and it is an Ayurvedic herbal formulation coming from the Indian subcontinent. These three fruits are Amalaki (Emblicaofficinalis), bibhita triphalapowder or churna ingredientski (Terminaliabelerica) and Haritaki (Terminaliachebula
- Sottruuppu (Sodium chloride) – 16.67%
- Savattuuppu ( Alkaline earth salt )- 16.67%
- Valaiyaluppu ( Sandevere Glass Salt ) – 16.67%
- Kalluppu ( Artificial salt )- 16.67%
- Vediyuppu ( Pottassium nitrate )- 16.67%
- Indhuppu ( Rock salt )- 16.67%Processed in
- VarikumattiPazhaSarru ( Citrulluscolocynthis)- Q.S
- Butter Milk ( Bosindicus )- Q.S
Reference: PulippaaniVaidhyam- 500
Dosage: 1-2 gms with rice water (one day old) 2-3 times a day before food as per the body constitution. Give the medicine on the 3-5 days of menstruation for soothagavali. For other daily once for 48 days.
Indications: Menstrual disorders such as soothagakattu (Amenorrhoea), Soothagavali (dysmennorhoea), AruvagaiGunmam (Indicated in six types of gastritis), Gunmakatti (phantom tumour), Porumal (flatulence), Sobai (anaemia), Agattuvayu (gastralgia), Mooththirakrichcharam (painful micturition) etc
3.Durdurpartradi keram (tiksnam and kaphaharam)+nilibhrugaditailam (kasyam )- used for picu on the hairless patchmaintains healthy blood circulation
General Instructions: It will cause purgation in few patients. Correct the dose accordingly.
Ingredients: It consists
|Sl No.||Siddha Name||Scientific Name||Qty|
|2||SavattuUppu||Alkaline earth salt||16.67%|
|3||ValaiyalUppu||Sandevere Glass Salt||16.67%|
|6||Indhuppu||Rock salt||16.67% Processed in|
|8||More (Butter Milk)||Bosindicus||Q.S.|
4.Karisalaikerpam -1 tablet morning and night after food (kesyam )
5.Nellikaighrtam -10 ml wiwiyth milk at night (kesyam ,brmhanam ,rasayanam)
- Intake of biotin vatiman helps in hair growth .
- Rasagandhimezhugu (internally )is effective in resistant casea.
- Gandhakacurnam (3gm)can be given with honey.
- Udvartanam with gomutrabhavithaavalgujabijacurnam is effective .
- The drugs used for hair should be sithalam ,kesyamlikenechi ,yastimadhu ,bujangalathadikeram ,trphaladikeram ,kaiyunyadi a9kinjith usnam )keram,japapatraidikeram,trphaladikeram ,kaiyunyadi (kinjithusnam)keram, japapatradikeram.
- Tineacapitis was ruled out as there was no itching or dandruff over scalp.
- Trichotillomania (the compulsive urge to pull out one’s own hair)was ruled out trough history taking
- Since thyroid profile was normal ,the patchy hairloss of hypothyroidism was ruled out.