Are you ready to quit drinking? These Ayurvedic remedies can help you get started on the road to recovery.
Alcoholism has a very negative impact on the addict and his or her personal and social relationships. Alcoholism can lead to liver damage and traumatic accidents.
Why Withdrawing from alcohol safely is important?
The symptoms of alcohol withdrawal may vary from mild to severe and include Headache, Shaking, Sweating, Nausea or vomiting, Anxiety, and restlessness, Stomach cramps, and diarrhea, Trouble sleeping or concentrating, Elevated heart rate and blood pressure. It could be fatal.
Try these 10 natural remedies that help you Stop Alcohol Addiction without any side-effects: –
- Meditation: Meditation is the right method for not only stress relief – for which people use alcohol – but also freedom from alcohol addiction. For meditation, you should take a few moments to maintain focus and repeat a positive thought in your mind or picture yourself overcoming alcohol addiction.
- Yoga: Gentle yoga exercises help you get in tune with your body. Yoga can be of great help because alcoholism can make you feel out of control. You should, however, take the guidance of a yoga teacher if you are using it to overcome alcoholism.
- The Herb kudzu: In traditional Chinese medicine the herb, kudzu has been used for over a thousand years to reduce the excessive consumption of alcohol. Kudzu is a weed and considered a nuisance in the southern part of the United States. Kudzu has a compound called Puerarin that boosts the blood flow in the brain. This is why people feel satisfied with a lesser number of drinks.
- The Herb St. John’s Wort: This herb is used for depression and most pharmacists are familiar with it. It is a great detoxifying agent and this detox supplement can be used for treating alcohol dependence.
- The Herb Ashwagandha: This is an herb used in Ayurvedic medicines and is used for overcoming alcohol withdrawal symptoms and cravings. Studies with rats showed that Ashwagandha lowered the anxiety experienced due to withdrawal.
- The Herb Milk Thistle: This herb is a very strong liver regenerator and supports detoxification and should be taken 250 mg two or three times a day any product which is standardized to an extract of 85% Silymarin which is the chief compound in the plant.
- Grapes: This natural remedy is a perfect cure for alcohol withdrawal. Whenever you feel like drinking alcohol, try yourself with one glass of grape juice rich in potassium.
- Bitter Gourd: Bitter gourd juice is a wonderful remedy for alcohol withdrawal while beholding a special capacity to repair all the damaged cells of the liver that were affected by alcohol consumption.
- Apples: This is a traditional remedy to control the addiction. It also helps flush out all the toxins caused by alcohol consumption.
- Celery: An excellent herb that always wins a fight against alcohol addiction. Mix the celery with water and consume for at least one month, if you aspire to see remarkable results.
Long term heavy drinkers should not try to quit alcohol without professional medical intervention. Alcohol withdrawal symptoms can be visible within an hour or more than an hour after you stop drinking, peak in a day or two, and improve within five days.
Don’t forget to Surround yourself with positive influences and people who make you feel good about yourself.